The purpose of the Short Term Missions Coordinator is to provide guidance, management, and member care for people of all ages during their time on the field on short-term mission trips. He/she will create a short-term program with ministry area leaders in order to fulfill ministry needs with appropriate short-term workers. This ministerial role is full time and support-raising is required. The Short Term Missions Coordinator will be required to work on site during short-term trips and may work remotely otherwise. The role is based out of Atlanta, GA.
* Must personally embrace GFM’s purpose, vision, values and statement of faith and identify as a maturing believer in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
* Must be ready to experience significant missions training and discipleship through GFM’s Missionary Training School (in person sessions or online)
* Must demonstrate humility, teachability, and an ability to work well with others
* Must display advanced interpersonal and communication skills (Gmail, Slack, etc.)
* Must function well both independently and in a team environment
* A College Degree is preferred but not required; informal trainings in management, organization, leadership, and or ministry are also acceptable.
* Have previous short-term mission experience
* Experience working with MS Office programs, including but not limited to Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
* Provide leadership for and work alongside the Mobilization Administrative Assistant to respond quickly and appropriately to inquiries about service with GFM
* Effectively relate the importance of missions in individual and group settings
* Coordinate logistics for on-field activities – scheduling, coordinate teachers, tours, etc.
* Meticulously track and report scheduling, budgets, short-term events, follow-up, and other trends and metrics to the Director of Mobilization
* Speaking/teaching on various mission related topics including biblical themes, current state of missions, cross-cultural awareness, etc.
* Engage pastors and church staff in missionary sending and care
* Must stay informed of the needs and opportunities within GFM
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com