Website Global Disciples
The US Prayer Leader is to provide overall leadership to Global Disciples’ prayer ministry in the US, including events, ministry activities, and growing prayer groups around the US.
This job exists to lead:
- Prayer coverage for Global Disciples’ events and ministry activities in the US.
- Multiplication, equipping and engagement of Global Disciples’ US intercessors.
- Assist US staff to develop deeper personal relationships with God through prayer.
- Spend necessary time in the personal practice and study of prayer & fasting, in preparation of leading others in the same disciplines.
- Orient new US hires on prayer activities and expectations. See that all Global Disciples staff in the US establish and foster a personal prayer support team of 2 or more intercessors.
- Together with the US Prayer Council, oversee the following US staff events:
- Monthly First Friday day of prayer and fasting
- Biannual corporate prayer days
- Morning prayer times (virtual & small groups
- Cultivate prayer groups around the US, working closely with the Church Relations Representative and the US Prayer Council. Provide oversight to groups meeting in retirement homes and beyond.
- Regularly inform US intercessors, staff and boards of prayer needs, through the monthly prayer calendar, First Friday updates, and other prayer-related correspondence.
- Communicate emergency prayer needs through the Regional Prayer Leader Signal group.
- Coordinate and/or participate in onsite prayer teams for events held in the US (i.e. banquets and meetings).
- Serve as the liaison for US prayer teams involved in the 24/7/365 prayer chain.
- Provide oversight to prayer advancement projects.
- Provide a monthly update to North America President, including the Global Prayer Leader.
- Serve on the President’s Team.
- Participate in the Regional Prayer Leader Council activities, representing the US, in both virtual and face to face events.
- Must be a committed follower of Jesus Christ and an active member of a Christian church.
- Passion for the mission and work of Global Disciples and alignment with its statement of faith, goals, purposes, and objectives.
- Outstanding relational, verbal, and written communication skills, with a high level of accuracy.
- Self-starter who is organized and able to relate detail to the overall picture.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, preferred but not required.
- Ability to work with deadlines.
- Critical thinker.
- Team player with problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365, Zoom, and software-based contact management experience, preferred.
- Strong project management skills.
- Highly detailed and adaptable.
- Leadership capacity to develop and grow prayer leaders among advocates throughout the US.
REQUIRED: Send a Resume and a Cover Letter which includes a few sentences on your cross-cultural experience as well as your walk with the Lord to
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.