Multiplying Leaders for Multiplying Churches
Jesus trained 12 men, who then spread the gospel and began to make disciples of all nations. Entrust is called to continue that process, training equipping Christian leaders for local churches worldwide. Will you help us?
Entrust is seeking a servant-hearted professional to fill our Director of Human Resources position in Colorado Springs. This person plays a vital role in advancing Entrust’s calling by overseeing personnel needs both within the United States and overseas. As HR Director, you and your HR team will facilitate the selection, acceptance of and support for new staff, guide the team preparing them for the field, and oversee the ongoing development of our Human Resources department.
This is a full-time position based at our headquarters in Colorado Springs, CO. Compensation is a combination of salary from Entrust’s general fund and a small portion from personal support-raising.
We’d love for you to become part of our dynamic, talented and faithful group of ministry workers from all different backgrounds across the globe! The harvest is clearly plentiful, but the workers are few. If you are passionate for the gospel, the Great Commission and equipping leaders, and able to direct Human Resources, please contact us.
Summary: Facilitates selection and onboarding of new staff, oversees provision of guidance and support for new and current staff, reviews and maintains staff handbook, updates and develops personnel policies and procedures, manages staff benefits, contributes to ministry strategic planning.
Commitment: Full-time preferred
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Compensation: 75% paid; 25% raised support. Benefits include paid health insurance, sick, holiday and vacation time.
Reports to: COO
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
· Serve on Entrust mobilization team in coordinating mobilization efforts, developing hiring procedures and conducting interviews.
· Work with Entrust ministry supervisors to coordinate vision trips and team interviews.
· Develop and post position descriptions and advertisements, in cooperation with other Entrust teams.
· Communicate with applicants throughout application process.
· Facilitate acceptance and onboarding of new personnel.
· Coordinate and implement New Staff Orientation sessions in person and online.
· Assist with visa applications and renewals.
· Give final approval to staff for deployment to field of service.
· Maintain personnel records, including monitoring vacation and home ministry assignments.
· Research, select and oversee health insurance and benefit programs.
· Guide and support staff transferring or seconded to Entrust from other organizations; review and renew secondment agreements.
· Guide staff through position or regional transitions.
· Oversee and maintain records for Entrust Ministry Accountability Plan (MAP) process.
· Serve on Entrust Pastoral Care Team.
· Develop Entrust Human Resources department, conducting annual reviews and necessary revision of policies and procedures.
· Maintain the Entrust Handbook, review and recommend handbook updates.
· Oversee risk management for Entrust as related to staff and personnel policies.
· Contribute to overall strategic planning from Human Resources standpoint.
· Supervise HR staff members and Entrust volunteers.
· Attend Entrust All-Staff Conferences and U.S.-based staff retreats/conferences, including raising support for travel expenses.
· Entrust’s staff needs will be met with qualified, ministry-oriented, kingdom-minded people.
· New staff will be adequately prepared for deployment into Entrust ministry and possibly new cultural environments.
· New and current staff will receive competent supervision, care and assistance in all aspects of ministry.
· Personnel files will be kept in compliance with U.S. federal and state government requirements.
· Entrust will benefit from a well-managed and effective Human Resources department.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in Human Resources, preferably in non-profit organizations.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred but not required.
· Short- or long-term cross-cultural ministry experience preferred but not required.
· Ability to communicate well, verbally, and diplomatically.
· Ability to do technical writing.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of personal data and personnel matters.
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, with ability to learn additional computer applications or databases as needed.
· Willingness to pursue ongoing professional development and maintain up-to-date knowledge of HR law and best practices.
Personal Qualities Desired
· Good interpersonal relationship skills.
· Ability to manage priorities well.
· Organized and detail oriented.
· Display creativity and initiative in performing job duties.
· Flexible and adaptable to change.
· Team worker.
Spiritual Qualities Desired
· Teachable spirit and servant’s heart.
· Growing Christian who is personally following Christ and active in a local church.
· Consistent devotional life.
· Ability to bring a spiritual perspective to work as demonstrated in attitude, faithfulness, and interpersonal relationships.
· Agreement with Entrust Statement of Faith.
· Agreement with the policies and procedures in the Entrust Handbook.
Entrust is an employer-at-will. As such, Entrust reserves the right, as the employee does, to terminate the employment relationship at any time with or without reason.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com