The Staff Accountant is responsible for providing professional accounting support to East-West Ministries. The Staff Accountant is responsible for a variety of accounting processes. These duties include monthly journal entries, bank reconciliations, accounts payable and other payment transactions, budget process support, financial reporting and analysis, analyzing and inputting account reconciliations from the field as well as other sources, participation as needed in field reviews and financial audits, basic accounting services for back-office support, and any other accounting duties as assigned by the Accounting Manager. The Staff Accountant will provide backup support for assigned functions during the absence of the Accounting Manager.
As an ambassador of faith in Christ and rooted in Biblical principles, the Staff Accountant will actively minister to EW leadership, staff, partners and the community in a manner that exhibits Christ-character through personal and corporate spiritual disciplines.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Preferred
- 3-5 years minimum experience working in Accounting, Required
- 2-3 years of ministry/nonprofit Accounting experience, Preferred
- Experience with Sage Intacct, SAP Concur, and Salesforce, Highly desired
- Strong initiative, self-motivation, and ability to complete tasks on time
- Ability to listen well to service-related problems and offer help and solutions
- Willing, flexible attitude
- Uphold a close and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org