The Vice President of Equipping champions efforts to equip all missionaries and national partners while ensuring healthy disciples and churches are being developed within worldwide multiplication efforts.
Reports to: Executive Vice President of Field Ministries
Areas of Responsibility
- Spearhead meeting the organization’s goal to equip 300,000 leaders
- Provide leadership for the equipping team toward accomplishing the goals
- Champion the pre-field and on-field equipping of missionaries and national partners across all fields
- Develop strategies and partnerships, overseeing implementation, to equip the various fields
- Champion East-West’s efforts to develop and support healthy churches
- Develop state-of-the-art equipping strategies
- Provide the field with appropriate methodologies to effectively spread the gospel in the spiritually darkest places and among people groups of diverse cultural and religious backgrounds
- Develop the annual strategic plan and budget for the Equipping Department
- Raise funds to support part of the Equipping Department’s annual budget
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to raise and maintain personal support as this is a fully support-raised position
- Ability to travel overseas at least 4-6 weeks a year
- Skilled in the area of movement: CPM, DMM, etc.
- Ability to successfully use technology to deliver training and teaching materials
- Graduate degree or equivalent experience required, preferably within discipline
- 5-10 years of ministry/nonprofit experience required
- Previous experience in a significant leadership role
- Overseas training experience
The vision of East-West is to glorify God by multiplying followers of Jesus in the spiritually darkest areas of the world. We aim to mobilize the Body of Christ to evangelize the lost and equip local believers to multiply disciples and healthy churches among unreached peoples and/or in restricted access communities.
As East-West seeks to multiply the Kingdom of God throughout the world, we are committed to a set of core values that influence our decisions and behaviors in pursuit of our mission- creating our unique culture and guiding principles:
- Passion for Jesus
- Passion for grace
- Passion for the spiritually darkest places
- Passion for bold action
East-West Employee Culture
Our team members are passionate about Jesus, grace, bold action and taking the gospel to the spiritually darkest places. We have one consuming passion—to make God known among every nation, every tribe, every tongue, and every people. We strive to uphold standards of behavior, which include having integrity; being trustworthy; being theologically aligned; having a healthy work/life balance; caring for others; having a servant spirit; having competency in difficult conversations; being results oriented; and being diligent, respectful, and humble.
All East-West Ministries International employees will maintain a firm commitment to East-West’s vision, mission, values, Statement of Faith and beliefs as well as display a growing and mature faith in Jesus Christ.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com