East-West missionaries serve in some of the world’s spiritually darkest places. Member Care plays a key role in providing the pastoral care our missionaries depend on for their effectiveness, longevity, and wellbeing. The overseas Member Care consultant will not only provide care for East-West’s missionaries in their area of the world but will also learn a local language and participate directly in local ministry.
This position will provide care to overseas missionaries by visiting them in their field locations and providing ongoing counseling to those seeking help. They will organize regional meetings, provide training, resources, and Member Care referrals as well as learn the local language and participate in ministry activities.
This is a fully support-raised position.
Pastoral Care Specialist Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide annual on-site member care visits and counseling services as needed to field personnel in their assigned area of service
· Provide assistance for other East-West Member Care projects as needed
· Consult with and report to Member Care leadership regarding personnel matters
· Provide training/learning opportunities to field personnel in their area of service
· Involvement in local ministry
· Develop and maintain network of personal support
· Other duties as assigned
Pastoral Care Specialist Qualifications:
· Ability and desire to live in Eurasia or Southeast Asia
· Spiritual gifting in pastoral care
· Pastoral counseling background
· Extensive overseas experience preferred
· Baptized believer of Jesus Christ, faithful member of a local church, and experience in sharing the gospel
· Ability to raise personal support as well as develop and manage personal ministry budget
· Ability to learn languages, preferred
· Extensive overseas experience, preferred
· Must possess excellent relationship skills with clear gifting in the areas of encouragement, listening, exhortation, teaching, and innate sensitivity to the needs of others
· Capable of and willing to refer clients to the proper setting when referral is indicated
· Should be capable of teaching/leading in group settings
· Must be capable of working in a broad range of settings with a broad range of people
· May be required to obtain language proficiency to live in certain field settings
· Must be able to network with a broad range of individuals in multiple settings
East-West Employee Culture
Our team members are passionate about Jesus, grace, bold action, and taking the gospel to the spiritually darkest places. We have one consuming passion: to make God known among every nation, every tribe, every tongue, and every people. We strive to uphold the highest standards of behavior, which include integrity, trustworthiness, theological alignment, a healthy work/life balance, care for others, a servant spirit, competency in difficult conversations, a desire to see results, diligence, respect, and humility.
All East-West Ministries International employees will maintain a firm commitment to East-West’s vision, mission, values, Statement of Faith, and beliefs as well as display a growing and mature faith in Jesus Christ.
For more information this position, or any other stateside or overseas position with East-West, please contact email@example.com or visit our Employment Page here: https://www.eastwest.org/field-opportunities/
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org