All Professions. One Mission.
Crossworld, a non-profit mission agency based in Kansas City, Mo., is a formative community of disciple-makers from all professions bringing God’s love to life in the world’s least-reached marketplaces. We have an immediate opening for a full-time Director of Recruitment to join our creative, entrepreneurial, and mission-focused team.
This position reports to Crossworld’s Vice President of Advancement, who also oversees the recruiting, marketing and communications, and donor development efforts of Crossworld. This position is hired as an employee of Crossworld and a candidate may come to this position with existing support (if they come from a faith-based ministry) or from a salaried position. Depending on their situation, this position may be fully salaried, or a combination of salary and donated support.
For most of the history of missions, most believers have been relegated to a behind-the-scenes support role when it comes to the Great Commission. We have said, “You can pray, and you can give. But leave the full-time missionary task to religious professionals.” Meanwhile, the world has changed. Many least-reached peoples live in countries inaccessible by a historic approach of sending vocational religious workers. In recent years, Crossworld recalibrated its vision and mission to seek and send disciple-makers from all professions. Today, Crossworld has more than 275 cross-cultural workers in 30 different countries committed to disciple-making and the development of the church through many diverse professions. These include sports, medicine, manufacturing, education, business, youth and children’s ministry, vocational missionary work, and much more.
The Director of Recruitment provides leadership, direction, strategy, and accountability for the Recruitment Department. The Director is tasked with the execution of a strategic growth plan that generates a growing number of leads from churches, universities, partner ministries, and social networks. The goal is quality applicants to help fulfill Crossworld’s dream of “Disciple-makers from all Professions” among the world’s least-reached. Working in conjunction with the Vice President of Advancement, the Director will work to create new avenues to engage potential candidates including speaking engagements, partnerships, short-term experiences, internships, and more.
• Lead manage and hold accountable a Recruitment Team made up of various personnel including: Recruiters, Application Relations Coordinators, Placement Coordinator, and others as assigned.
• Communication and coordination of projects, events, processes, and routine matters that relate to the recruitment and mobilization of new candidates.
• Regularly meet with, assess, and encourage the Recruitment Team to improve their tactics and processes for accomplishing the identified objectives of recruiting new candidates.
• Lead Recruitment Team weekly meetings to encourage positive team morale, transmit information, and create accountability to departmental goals.
• Embrace a team-ministry approach that leverages the unique gifts, strengths, and experiences of each team member to enhance team performance.
• Further develop the roles of various members of the recruitment team, train and coach team members, giving feedback for success, holding them accountable for agreed-upon objectives, collaborating with them for effectiveness, and delegating responsibility as appropriate.
• Perform annual reviews for each team member.
• Develop and maintain strategic recruitment processes that produces a high ratio of quality applicants. This includes the oversight of developing existing and new relationships with churches, carefully selected schools, and other partner ministries.
• Create the Recruitment annual budget; manage and track expenditures for the Recruitment department.
• Work in collaboration with the Advancement team, International Ministry Team, and field staff to enhance recruitment efforts.
• Work with the Director of Communications to assure our CRM (Customer Relationship Management) provides an excellent pre-screening process necessary to provide recruiters quality leads with a high probability of approval by the Invitation Team.
• Work with the Invitation Team to implement standards for applicants/candidates that uphold our mission and values and communicate these to the Recruitment Team.
• Approve and sign off on all applicants prior to submitting applications to the Invitation Team.
• Develop a strong understanding and utilization of Crossworld’s technology for capturing, tracking, and measuring strategic data necessary to keep the Recruitment Team informed of their progress toward mission goals.
• Create and maintain metrics of leads engaged and approved applicants for the Vice President of Advancement, the Advancement Team, and the Recruitment Team.
• Ensure deferred applicants are effectively tracked by recruiters.
• As needed, assist in hiring and training new staff for Recruitment and provide adequate leadership and accountability for them.
• Work with the Communications Department to provide input into the Crossworld website, social media, marketing materials, and other publications, videos, and PowerPoint presentations.
• Build Networks and partnerships with like-minded organizations that result in a new stream of leads.
• Speak and train at Candidate Orientation; Pre-deployment Orientation, and other events as needed.
• Participate in staff meetings, Advancement Team meetings, and other meetings as required.
• Extensive familiarity and experience with mission-oriented recruitment and mobilization.
• An extensive familiarity and understanding of North American church mission culture.
• Technology related to lead management (CRM) and web-based communications.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products.
• Knowledge of ActiveCampaign and Sitestacker products a plus.
• Knowledge of current social media environment and methods useful to leverage relevant technology to acquire new leads.
• Understanding of how to creatively move leads through cultivation process using digital resources, to engagement, and to application.
• Understanding of international job recruitment practices and placement.
• High awareness of the emotions of self and others as demonstrated through effective listening, attention to non-verbal cues, tact, patience, and courtesy, commonly referred to as EQ (Emotional Intelligence).
• Personal networking passion that yields meaningful and transparent relationships.
• Competence in the measurement of structured KPI’s and goals.
• Business acumen for accurate forecasting and effective resource management.
• Project management leadership, support, and implementation skills.
• Prioritizing objectives and measuring the effectiveness of recruiting efforts.
• Identifying and convening key target audiences for recruitment.
• Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
• Courageous creativity that builds on past success and imagines new markets, methods, and messages.
• Able to articulate the Gospel and the ministry of Crossworld with clarity and enthusiasm.
• Able to effectively create and interface with like-minded partners.
• Able to effectively paint a vision that will inspire others.
• Able to work independently, remain self-motivated and on task because of a strong work ethic.
• Able to present compelling messages to small and large groups.
• Able to establish rapport and maintain respect with leaders and members of all Christian denominations, focusing on issues that unite rather than those that divide.
• Able to communicate a “shepherd’s heart” for the people God puts in their paths, through spiritual maturity and prayer.
• Able to humbly keep ego in check and assist others in collaborative teamwork.
Qualifications and Expectations
• A passion for sending workers from all professions to the least-reached.
• Bachelor’s degree in missions, marketing, business, or a related field; Master’s degree would be preferred, but not required.
• Recruitment and marketing success as a significant individual producer with the demonstrated ability to set objectives, manage and recruit people.
• Experience in SEO, web analytics, and content marketing a plus.
• 2 years of experience generating leads on major social media platforms, including LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook a plus.
• Understanding of generating leads using online channels and strategies – including but not limited to recruiting databases, B2C lead sourcing, webinars, content creation, social media, job boards, and alumni networks.
• 2+ years Cross-cultural experience, preferably overseas.
• 5+ years experience in team leadership with proven successes preferred.
• Engage in direct recruiting activities, including at least four domestic trips and one international trip annually.
Location and Hours
This position is based at Crossworld’s Kansas City campus and requires some domestic and international travel. A remote/telecommuting role will be considered. The employee must be able to function efficiently working from a private office on campus, or at home as required to comply with current COVID-19 protocols, and during normal business hours, Monday through Friday.
As a church organization that exists for religious purposes, Crossworld requires that all employees profess faith in Jesus Christ; be supportive of the Crossworld doctrinal statement; be an active member of an evangelical Christian community; be willing to participate in events, including Christian services, held or sponsored by Crossworld; be willing to share their testimony; refrain from committing any act which detracts from the Christian testimony and ministry of Crossworld and fulfill other ministry functions and requirements that may be requested by Crossworld. Crossworld holds to biblical standards concerning sexual conduct. We believe the Bible teaches that marriage is to be a lifelong union between one man and one woman and that the sexual relationship is to be enjoyed uniquely within the context of marriage (Gen. 1:26-27; Ex. 20:14; 1 Cor. 6:18 – 7:4; Gen. 18:20; Lev. 20:13; Rom. 1:26-27). Because of our understanding of the biblical teaching on this matter, Crossworld does not employ or retain for employment individuals engaged in sexual conduct outside of the bounds of a heterosexual marriage relationship.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk, hear, use their hands and fingers to operate office technology, is often required to sit, stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. This employee should be able to lift and carry up to 15 pounds periodically. Vision abilities required by this job include both close and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time position and is classified as exempt. The employee is guaranteed a generous benefits package which includes medical coverage, life insurance, and retirement benefits. Annual vacation begins at 10 days, with 11 paid holidays; additionally, 10 sick days are allotted on January 1 each year. Paid time off (vacation and sick days) will be pro-rated for 2021, based on the first full month of full-time employment with Crossworld.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com