Area Director for Africa
Website Christian Aid Mission
Christian Aid Mission seeks to establish a witness for Christ in every nation by assisting indigenous ministries based in areas of poverty and persecution, giving priority to ministries sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ with unreached people groups. Today, we work with hundreds of indigenous ministries in eight regions of the world that share the gospel with more than 2,000 unreached people groups.
Working in collaboration with the International Ministry Team, the Area Director for Africa (AD) is responsible for evaluating ministry funding needs in Africa and determining how to assist them to be more fruitful. The AD evaluates current indigenous ministries that Christian Aid Mission assists and determines their accountability status. The AD also is knowledgeable of where Unreached People Groups (UPGs) are located in Africa and seeks to identify new and current ministries who are effectively working among them. The AD works with ministries to ensure timely ministry reporting and that processes are in good order for receiving disbursements.
The Area Director for Africa reports to the Director of International Ministry and is a member of the International Ministry Team.
Work Location: Charlottesville, VA Office (Hybrid work)
1. Oversees relationships with indigenous ministries that Christian Aid Mission assists in Africa. Being familiar with the culture, he/she can best determine how to assist them to be more fruitful. Identifies Unreached People Groups (UPGs) in the region and gives priority of support to the ministries working among them.
2. Communicates regularly with ministry leaders establishing good relationships and documentation. Gathers needs and information necessary for Christian Aid Mission to make good decisions for which ministries to assist and how best to serve them.
3. Evaluates new and strategic ministries for increased gospel impact. Makes or arranges for field visits upon approval of International Ministry Director as needed to review ministries for new funding opportunities; ensures strong relationships with ministries are established and brings new or ending relationships to Advisory Ministry Council for support and comprehensive follow-up.
4. Provides good support for the ministries in completing the annual Funding Request Questionnaire and regular Ministry Surveys and ensures they are all completed and information is accurate. Also provides ongoing feedback to IMT leadership of any suggestions to help make these questionnaires and surveys even more user friendly and/or robust.
5. Prepares an annual Funding Plan for Africa based on: current ministries plans and funding needs in Africa, considerations for inclusion of new ministries, and keeping the plan within the overall annual funding availability expected for disbursements of the organization. This includes a good understanding of how the ministries are going to use the funds and following up with them for good reports on results.
6. Provides secure [translated, using an APP or other sources] information to International Ministry Editorial Coordinator of stories, quality photos, and ministry impact stats that will be used to communicate with donors and friends for raising funding needed to support the indigenous ministries work. Reviews and approves proposals and fundraising routings to ensure accuracy and returns edits within 1-2 working days.
7. Advises Finance representatives and International Ministry Associate Director where disbursements will be assigned according to Funding Plan, reviews acknowledgements, financial statements, status of wires and checks, recalls, returns and accurate wire/check information, and leaders names that they are all accurate and up to date, and conducts regular OFAC per disbursement.
8. Strong commitment to organizational vision, mission, and distinctives. Evaluates existing ministries that they remain aligned to Christian Aid Mission vision and mission and address issues promptly. Ability to investigate and discern, identify when things are not “right” and take appropriate steps to resolve or provide counsel.
9. Ensures ministries stay compliant with Christian Aid Mission to receive financial assistance. Diligent in evaluating if there are any misuses of donor resources.
10. Hosts ministry leaders visiting from Africa and ensures hospitality whether the AD is in the office or not.
11. Participates in the life of the Mission by being active in International Ministry team meetings and Staff meetings and activities.
· 3 or more years’ experience with Africa preferred
· Proficient in MS Office
· Familiarity with databases
· Strong decision-making capabilities
· Ability to supervise and direct the work of others
· Willingness to travel internationally as needed
BA/BS degree preferred or equivalent missions/ministry experience
When a new employee joins the organization, they are asked to sign a statement of faith. You can review it here:https://www.christianaid.org/statement-of-faith/
To apply: https://jobapply.page.link/JHzdj
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org