Website Association of North American Missions
Association of North American Missions (ANAM) Executive Director
ANAM exists to assist member organizations in operating with excellence, thereby maximizing their God-given ministry effectiveness in reaching the lost and making disciples.
Statement of Core Values
ANAM is a peer-driven association in which members are:
· ACCOUNTABLE to God and each other
· CONNECTED to those who understand and encourage our ministry life
· GROWING through resources and relationships, and
· STRETCHED to consider new opportunities.
ANAM Executive Director Purpose
This elected position leads the Peer Network to encourage and assist members in operating with excellence to accomplish their unique missions.
- Oversee the affairs of ANAM and supervise any ANAM personnel.
- Promote the work of ANAM with missions, schools, and conferences.
- Serve as the point of contact for ANAM’s interaction with other agencies and the government.
- Serve as a non-voting member of the Board of Directors, and on each committee (except for the Executive Committee) and assist the Board President in establishing and leading Board Meetings.
- Plan and lead the ANAM Annual Meeting, and participate in regional conferences.
- Coordinate annual membership renewals and communicate with members.
- Coordinate the Awards process for member missions and missionaries.
- Lead the Elisha Initiative project.
- Cultivate ministry partners and develop relationships for the work of ANAM.
- Schedule and lead 5-Year Reviews with member organizations.
- Has a deep and growing relationship with the Lord.
- Is in complete agreement with the ANAM Statement of Faith (see below)
- Has extensive experience in Christian non-profit leadership as a top-tier leader
- Can mentor other Executive Leaders from experience
- Models integrity and humility as an effective servant-leader.
- Remains teachable as a life-long learner.
- Communicates well in person and through writing.
- His personality is welcoming, and he easily engages people in conversation.
- Draws on leadership experience, ideally with a mission or ministry organization.
- Motivates people to accomplish ANAM’s vision.
- He is self-motivated and ensures tasks are completed.
- Is analytical and able to understand current realities, while developing strategies for the future.
- Builds and maintains a sense of unity among the ANAM member missions.
- Is capable of using technology effectively.
- Understands financial management and reporting.
- Can work on a variety of tasks in the course of a day.
- Is willing and able to travel extensively.
- Effectively plans and oversees large events periodically.
- Develops a good understanding of all ANAM Member Missions.
Responsibility and Financial:
- The Executive Director is accountable to the elected Board of ANAM. Board members are selected from the leaders of ANAM member missions.
- This role is fully faith-supported. The Executive Director will have a team of ministry partners and is expected to cultivate and maintain this team.
ANAM STATEMENT OF FAITH
Scripture: We believe the Holy Scriptures as originally given to be the verbally inspired Word of God, absolutely authoritative and infallible.
The Godhead: We believe in one God existing in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, co-equal and eternal.
Humanity: We believe that man was created in innocence but fell in Adam and is now totally unable to recover from his lost condition.
Jesus and Salvation: We believe that salvation has been provided through the substitutionary sacrifice of the Lord Jesus Christ, who was born of the virgin Mary, suffered and died for our sins upon the cross, rose from the dead, ascended to God’s right hand and is coming again. We further believe that this salvation is received by the grace of God, through the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit, and in response to repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.
The Church: We believe that the Church is the Body of Christ formed by the baptism of the Holy Spirit, and that all believers are members thereof, and are a holy and royal priesthood, and that this mystical Body of Christ manifests itself visibly in local bodies of believers for the purpose of Christian fellowship, teaching, testimony, and the administration of the ordinances of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
The Holy Spirit and Gifts: We believe that every believer is indwelt by the Holy Spirit at the time of salvation and is therefore a “partaker of the divine nature”, and that the old nature is present until the Christian is glorified. We believe that God’s children may experience healing in answer to prayer but that healing for all sickness and infirmity cannot presently be claimed on the basis of Christ’s redeeming work. We believe that the Holy Spirit is sovereign in the bestowment of gifts and that the Christ-controlled life is the evidence of the fullness of the Holy Spirit. We do not believe the sign gifts are normative today.
Eternal Life: We believe in the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the eternal judgment of all who reject our Lord Jesus Christ.
The Future: We believe that the return of Jesus Christ will be personal and imminent.
Evangelism: We believe it is the responsibility of all who are saved to win others to Jesus Christ.
Christian Living: We believe that the sanctification of the believer includes adherence to the practice of moral purity. We believe that sexual intimacy is a wonderful gift of God that is only to be expressed between one man and one woman (as genetically defined and originally born though God’s Sovereign plan for each individual), and that within the love and bonds of marriage sacredly vowed by one man and one woman (Genesis 2:24 – 25; Matthew 19:4 – 6; I Corinthians 7:3 – 5; Hebrews 13:4). Therefore, we believe that any other form of sexual intimacy is both immoral and a perversion of God’s design and gift (Leviticus 18:1 – 30; Proverbs 6:32; 1 Corinthians 6:18; Romans 1:26 – 27; 1 Thessalonians 4:3 – 8).
To apply for this job please visit www.anamissions.org.