Website Association of Baptists for World Evangelism (ABWE)
Job Summary/Primary Role: The Grounds and Facilities Supervisor will give careful attention to the details of the facility and grounds and maintain a safe, clean, and attractive building and property. This individual will be responsible for a variety of outdoor tasks and will operate equipment such as tractors, push mowers, line trimmers, and leaf blowers. The ideal candidate has a strong work ethic, takes pride in his/her work, has high standards of cleanliness and safety, and sees this role as a ministry to the Lord, ABWE guests, missionaries, and staff.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participates in grounds keeping and related activities required to develop and maintain the ABWE grounds.
- Maintains and repairs the physical plant.
- Moves outdoor patio furniture and equipment and otherwise supporting grounds operations.
- Actively involved in snow and ice removal including plowing, salting and shoveling.
- Raises and lowers 3 flags during regular business hours.
- Follows and makes recommendations for policies, procedures, and processes in support of Grounds and Facilities operations; implements and monitors compliance with approved policies, procedures, and processes.
- Assists the Director of Facilities with painting, construction and remodeling projects.
- Assists the Director of Facilities with employee service/maintenance/repair requests.
- Maintains water softeners.
- Assists with building opening and closing procedures.
- Oversees the building cleaning, including proper use of cleaning chemicals, as needed.
- Assists with the setup, tear down, and clean up for activities, events, and meetings on campus and returning the building to its original and clean condition after each event.
- Assists the Director of Facilities in the preparation of off campus events including loading and unloading equipment.
- Supervises the service and maintenance of grounds equipment.
- Assists in shipping and receiving of books and publications, and International Headquarters records storage.
- Responsible for the maintenance of outbuildings on the property.
- Responsible for secure loading and transportation of heavy equipment.
- Responsible for Department of Transportation compliance for all heavy equipment.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
- Ability to pass background check and all necessary clearances as mandated by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Valid Driver’s License
- Knowledge of mechanical systems and machinery operations
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Minimum Prior Experience: previous experience in grounds maintenance, equipment use and janitorial services is preferred. Some carpentry experience is helpful.
- Joy-filled faith rooted in Jesus Christ and a heart to serve.
- Strong relational, communication, and customer service skills.
- Basic computer skills, including email and internet.
- Strong attention to detail and takes initiative.
- Able to work alone with minimal supervision, self-motivated and energetic.
- Displays flexibility and adaptability.
- Self-disciplined and exhibits sound judgment.
- Willingness to occasionally work outside of normal business hours and work over-time.
ABWE is a Christian organization, and it is necessary that employees possess and maintain a lifestyle that is above reproach. Employees are encouraged to participate in staff events including corporate and departmental prayer times, staff meetings and lunches.
All ABWE employees must:
- Be a current and active member and/or regular attendee of a like-minded local church that aligns doctrinally with ABWE.
- Be able to fully support ABWE’s mission, vision, core values, doctrinal statement, and ministry philosophy.
- Be able to follow all guidelines set for in the ABWE Employee Handbook.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment can range from moderate/high.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org