Website Association of Baptists for World Evangelism (ABWE)
Job Summary/Primary Role: The Senior Designer is responsible to oversee the visual design direction of ABWE and its ministries. As lead print and digital graphic designer, this individual stewards the visual brand identity of ABWE and its ministries and provides artistic guidance and project management for designers in the Communication Department.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist department director in leading artists/graphic designers for ABWE Communications team.
- Implement visual brand system across each ministry division in cooperation with key stakeholders.
- Lead design efforts for Message Magazine, email templates, ABWE websites and graphics, appeal letters, major campaigns, brochures, displays, and other creative projects.
- Project manage creative requests from ABWE staff, departments, and missionaries.
- Develop and employ quality control program for visual communications pieces across the International Headquarters.
- Provide staff and missionaries with design standards, tools, and guidance on communicating corporate image and identity.
- Oversee pre-flight projects, including review of proofs, color correction and production changes.
- Hire and oversee freelance content creators related to design projects.
- Draft written copy as needed to support existing communications channels.
- Monitor industry trends and apply learning to creative work.
- Recruit and oversee Communications interns to promote connections with gifted designers.
- Contribute to digital asset management system and utilize stock photography as required.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Ability to pass background check and all necessary clearances as mandated by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related field required.
Minimum Prior Experience Required:
- Previous related experience including a background in Adobe CS programs (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, InCopy), quick-turnaround apps like Spark or Canva, Acrobat, and Microsoft Office suite.
- 5-6 years of design or art experience in a marketing or communications context and a strong portfolio.
- Keen attentiveness to detail, commensurate quality assurance experience.
- Awareness of trends in visual communications to properly steer brand positioning.
- Joy-filled faith rooted in Jesus Christ and a heart to serve.
- Effective relational and communication skills.
- Energetic and deadline oriented.
- Displays flexibility and adaptability.
- Able to work alone or in a team environment.
- Exhibits sound judgment.
- Willingness to occasionally work outside of normal business hours.
ABWE is a Christian organization, and it is necessary that employees possess and maintain a lifestyle that is above reproach. Employees are encouraged to participate in staff events including corporate and departmental prayer times and staff meetings and lunches.
All ABWE employees must:
1. Be a current and active member and/or regular attendee of a like-minded local church that aligns doctrinally with ABWE.
2. Be able to fully support ABWE’s mission, vision, core values, doctrinal statement, and ministry philosophy.
3. Be able to follow all guidelines set for in the ABWE Employee Handbook.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations, including extended periods of time sitting at a desk. The work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand, and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a moderate to high noise level. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org