Website Association of Baptists for World Evangelism (ABWE)
Job Summary/Primary Role: The Senior Technical Operations Analyst is responsible for overall Information Security and will plan, implement, and monitor security protocols for the protection of the organization’s computer networks and information. This position will also include Tier-3 Helpdesk, Software Development and certain aspects of Analytics and Reporting.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Information Security (50%)
- Defines, implements and maintains comprehensive information security policies.
- Plans, implements and upgrades security measures and controls to protect computer systems, networks and data.
- Protects digital files and information systems against unauthorized access, modification or destruction.
- Maintains data security access control processes and monitors security access levels for all applications and data stores.
- Conducts internal and external security audits and supervises remediation of key issues.
- Manages credit card security compliance as specified by PCI.
- Manages detection and prevention systems including end point security, wireless security access, data loss protection, threat protection, etc.
- Develops and maintains an Incident Response plan and documents/ conducts analysis on any reported or detected security breaches to determine their root cause.
- Recommends and installs appropriate tools and countermeasures for any breaches (remediation work as necessary).
- Conducts security awareness training for the organization including simulated phishing attacks.
- Coordinates security plans with outside vendors and service suppliers including credit card processor.
- Stays up to date on information security methodologies and techniques.
- Creates, tests and implements technology disaster recovery plans.
- Performs risk assessments and testing of security measures for information processing systems.
- Manages firewalls, data encryption and other security measures.
- Recommends security enhancements as needed by the organization.
- Trains IT staff on network and information security procedures.
Tier-3 Helpdesk (20%)
- Available as needed for escalated helpdesk tickets for Tier-3 issues, which require deep knowledge and capabilities in technical areas.
- Serve as a backup database administrator when needed.
- Research and provide resolution to complex technical problems, which may involve custom software development.
- Coordinate with vendors and external volunteers as needed.
Software Development (20%)
- Review software requirements, user designs, etc.
- Write and develop appropriate software code.
- Identify areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently develop these modifications.
- Test new development / modifications.
- Conduct configuration of software.
- Develop quality assurance procedures.
- Deploy software using established tools, processes, and metrics.
- Collaborate with custom software projects, technical operations, and Live Global teams.
Reporting and Analytics (5%)
- Research the potential use of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence by the organization.
- Recommend best practices for data entry, collection, integrity, and organization techniques.
- Recommend and assist in developing reporting and analytics capabilities.
Other Duties as Required or Assigned (5%)
Qualifications: Ability to pass background check and all necessary clearances as mandated by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field.
- Working advanced knowledge of information security techniques and best practices.
- Strong understanding of database management and software architecture.
- Joy-filled faith rooted in Jesus Christ and a heart to serve.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Takes initiative.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Energetic and deadline oriented.
- Strong communication skills.
- Able to work alone or in a team environment.
ABWE is a Christian organization, and it is necessary that employees possess and maintain a lifestyle that is above reproach. Employees are encouraged to participate in staff events including corporate and departmental prayer times, staff meetings and lunches.
All ABWE employees must:
1. Be a current and active member and/or regular attendee of a like-minded local church that aligns doctrinally with ABWE.
2. Be able to fully support ABWE’s mission, vision, core values, doctrinal statement, and ministry philosophy.
3. Be able to follow all guidelines set for in the ABWE Employee Handbook.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations, including extended periods of time sitting at a desk. The work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a moderate to high noise level. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com