Website Association of Baptists for World Evangelism (ABWE)
The Senior Visual Communications Specialist will oversee design and development of creative materials under the supervision of the President and/or Communications. This position will produce print and digital materials needed for the promotional and marketing initiatives of the organization as determined by current communications strategy.
The Senior Visual Communications Specialist will assist with production schedules, provide concepts, complete layouts and manage the production process to ensure delivery of the highest quality creative work. This individual will assist the leadership team in developing a cohesive strategy and messaging for collateral materials, maintaining corporate identity across sub-brands, and resourcing the graphics needs of the organization as assigned.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Lead artist/graphic designers for ABWE Communications team.
· Design, provide content direction and key strategy advice for Message Magazine and Message e-zine.
· Conceptualize, brand, and design materials for ABWE capital campaigns.
· Prioritize and delegate design and marketing material requests for ABWE departments, including flyers, posters, direct mail, brochures, displays, and catalogs.
· Work to develop email campaigns, webpages, and social media graphics for online presence.
· Develop and implement marketing initiatives and internal communications processes across departments.
· Develop and implement brand strategy and standards across the entire organizational brand system, working with key stakeholders.
· Provide staff and missionaries with design standards, tools, and guidance on communicating corporate image and identity.
· Oversee pre-flight projects, including review of proofs, color correction and production changes.
· Develop and employ quality control program for visual communications pieces across the International Headquarters.
· Research and purchase stock photography when required.
· Hire and oversee freelance content creators related to communications initiatives and design projects.
· Management of vendor relationships including web designers, printers, and promotional material suppliers.
· Create written copy to support existing communications channels.
· Monitor industry trends and apply learning to creative work.
· Work with summer Communications interns to promote design connections between ABWE, and gifted designers.
· Understand marketing initiatives, strategic positioning, and target list management.
· Copywriting and editing as needed.
· Other projects and duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Ability to pass background check and all necessary clearances as mandated by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related field required.
Minimum Prior Experience Required:
· Previous related experience including a background in Adobe CS programs (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, InCopy), quick-turnaround apps like Spark or Canva, Acrobat, and Microsoft Office suite.
· 5-6 years of graphic design or art experience in a marketing or communications context, with a strong portfolio.
· Keen attentiveness to detail, commensurate quality assurance experience.
· Awareness of trends in visual communications to properly steer brand positioning.
· Joy-filled faith rooted in Jesus Christ and a heart to serve.
· Effective relational and communication skills.
· Energetic and deadline oriented.
· Displays flexibility and adaptability.
· Able to work alone or in a team environment.
· Exhibits sound judgment.
· Willingness to occasionally work outside of normal business hours.
ABWE is a Christian organization, and it is necessary that employees possess and maintain a lifestyle that is above reproach. Employees are encouraged to participate in staff events including corporate and departmental prayer times and staff meetings and lunches.
All ABWE employees must:
1. Be a current and active member and/or regular attendee of a like-minded local church that aligns doctrinally with ABWE.
2. Be able to fully support ABWE’s mission, vision, core values, doctrinal statement, and ministry philosophy.
3. Be able to follow all guidelines set for in the ABWE Employee Handbook.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations, including extended periods of time sitting at a desk. The work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a moderate to high noise level. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org