Website Association of Baptists for World Evangelism (ABWE)
Are you an apt internet marketer with a passion to communicate God’s mission? Are you experienced in understanding audiences, identifying user needs, mapping user journeys, and creating content designed to maximum engagement to meet measurable goals? If so, you might be our next Communications teammate.
The Digital Communications Specialist supports ABWE’s Communications Department initiatives including web design, content strategy, SEO, ad campaigns, social media, and other marketing efforts for fundraising and mobilization purposes. This includes understanding, designing, and building marketing funnels and producing both long-form and short-form web copy, graphics, and video. This individual will shape web strategy, monitor analytics, and help with other projects including print media. The ideal candidate has video and audio recording and editing experience and understands marketing funnels. Most of all, this person has a passion for advancing the gospel of Jesus Christ and approaches communications as offering service and providing value to one’s audience as unto the Lord.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead acquisition and engagement campaign ideation, development, and execution.
- Cross-channel customer engagement strategy, design, and development to include the creation of omni-channel/transmedia digital experiences across web, mobile, social, podcast, and video.
- Execute agile-based, design-thinking, user-centric, empirical projects that accelerate results.
- Develop user flows and audience personas based on research and craft content accordingly.
- Develop social, ad, web, and video content oriented to conversion.
- Manage and monitor analytics—comfortable with large data sets, analyzing and pulling out insights to inform strategies.
- Support marketing research for development of strategic recommendations, performing competitive and trend analysis.
- Understand and apply trends in social and digital channels.
- Distill audience, cultural, and contextual analysis.
- Develop positioning and messaging for communication strategies.
- Participate in planning and ideation sessions at the agency.
- Write copy and assist with visual design and other content as needed, coordinating with other ministries and departments and filtering through security and review protocol as needed.
- Assist Communications department with general projects and strategy.
- Ability to pass background check and all necessary clearances as mandated by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Minimum of 3-5 years related work experience in digital marketing, copywriting, advertising, or related field.
- Demonstrated, outstanding writing, and editing skills, strong story-telling ability, and “news” sense.
- Experience and knowledge in identifying target audiences and writing communications and marketing materials messages and for maximum results and impact.
- Go-getter wiring; does not merely wait for permission. Ability to live in ambiguity and make judgment calls in developing marketing plans where none exist, pulling in key stakeholders for input.
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail and project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and jump quickly from one to the next.
- Strong technology skills: familiarity with other creative software is a plus (Premiere/Rush, Audition, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Spark).
- Ability to encourage sharing of stories and information.
- Experience with web marketing and social media marketing.
- Experience working within a project management-oriented setting is a plus.
- Video production and editing is strongly preferred.
- Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact the growth of an effective nonprofit organization.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Digital/Visual Communications or related field required.
- Joy-filled faith rooted in Jesus Christ and a heart to serve.
- Highly motivated and ambitious.
- A personal relationship with and commitment to Christ, faithful to a local church, and desire to be part of a Great Commission ministry.
ABWE is a Christian organization, and it is necessary that employees possess and maintain a lifestyle that is above reproach. Employees are encouraged to participate in staff events including corporate and departmental prayer times, staff meetings and lunches.
All ABWE employees must:
- Be a current and active member and/or regular attendee of a like-minded local church that aligns doctrinally with ABWE.
- Be able to fully support ABWE’s mission, vision, core values, doctrinal statement, and ministry philosophy.
- Be able to follow all guidelines set for in the ABWE Employee Handbook.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations, including extended periods of time sitting at a desk. The work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand, and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a moderate to high noise level. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, including their salvation testimony, resume and design samples to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org