Website Ancient Promise
Ancient Promise Ministries
Job Title: Development Director
Reports To: Executive Director, Operations Director,
Direct Reports: Event Coordinator, Program Development Manager, Program & Product Manager, Grant Writer, Communications Manager, Office Manager
Ancient Promise is a faith-based, inter-denominational, discipleship training non-profit, dedicated to establishing and expanding the kingdom of Jesus Christ by equipping God’s people to discover Him, know Him, and serve Him. We have created a specialized set of training materials for pastoral development and have hosted discipleship training programs in three East African Nations, two North Africa Nations, and Mexico. We are hoping to expand training courses to India in the coming year. This role is intended to begin as a part-time position with the potential to grow into a full-time role. This position offers those with a heart for missions to impact international and domestic discipleship and pastoral training while still living in the United States.
The Director of Development of Ancient Promise will lead our team to develop and implement strategic and productive marketing campaigns and communication systems that will increase the relational and financial resources necessary to accomplish the vision of Ancient Promise to develop discipleship programs in churches and mission groups that are planting and establishing work in unreached and least-reached people groups across the globe. Ancient Promise is an excellent place to channel your passion to establish and expand the Kingdom of Jesus Christ in indigenous church-planters as well as more established denominational networks by building the internal systems of Ancient Promise as well as the external funding base and communications for them to accomplish the call of the Great Commission to go and make disciples in all nations.
What you will be doing:
As the Development Director for Ancient Promise, you will oversee our marketing plans and external communication, manage donor relations and indigenous fundraising, develop church and missional agency relationships. You will work with Grant Writers to develop winning grant proposals. Aside from overseeing the development and proper implementation of the marketing campaign and essential external relationship using blogs and other mediums, your duties also involve:
● Leading the Development Department in ways consistent with Ancient Promise’s mission and values.
● Increasing commitment from churches for indigenous fundraising and working closely with the Outreach Director to build positive relationships that will encourage churches to support financially.
● Pursuing churches and individuals to support the work of Ancient Promise programs and training through the funding of projects as well as funding materials development
● Building our brand strategy and collaborating with the Communications Manager to develop cohesive marketing materials across all our departments.
● Researching and identifying potential donors and implementing strategies to cultivate and steward positive relationships.
● Ensuring excellent external communication by utilizing media platforms such as newsletters, podcasts, and blogs.
● Managing the Event Coordinator with direct involvement in Events and Fundraisers to secure a successful event.
● Working closely with the Operations Director to create annual reports and collaborate with the IT Coordinator to ensure Ancient Promise websites and content are correctly optimized are current.
● Managing grant proposal implementation and reporting.
● Conducting field visits to assist in the evaluation of programs and leaders so as to communicate needs.
● Raise personal support.
What we’re looking for from you:
As Development Director, you are committed to and eloquently articulate Ancient Promise’s mission and core values. You must possess excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to create and professionally present marketing materials. You have a passion for making disciples among the unreached church plants as well as the established church. You have a heart for indigenous church planters to be well equipped with resources to make the greatest impact for the Kingdom.
A little about your background:
● Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work appropriately.
● Preferably a B.A. in Business Administration, Communications and/or Marketing
● Ample Experience successfully implementing marketing campaigns and fundraising
● Experience in securing grants and caring for major donors
● Knowledgeable with Adobe Suite, MS Office Suite, G Suite, and all major social media platforms
A little about you:
● Able to work during the occasional weekend for events and indigenous fundraising
● Able to lead an effective team to accomplish goals from a variety of approaches.
● Be a flexible and gracious team player as you will work closely with other Director and managers
● Travel and visit fieldwork and programs abroad as well as domestic work among immigrant populations
● Effective team-building skills
● Strong communication skills
● Committed to the mission and values of Ancient Promise
This position requires that the applicant raise full support for their salary. Ancient Promise is willing to contribute educational training support in assisting the candidate with obtaining full financial support.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com