Director of Mobilization
Website ABWE, Inc.
Job Summary/Primary Role: The primary role of the Director of Mobilization is to lead a high functioning team of staff, missionaries, and volunteers that ensures ABWE’s Global Family of Ministries and ministry opportunities are known, well-promoted, and that prospective missionaries are well-guided along their journey toward official approval or appointment to serve. The Director of Mobilization will utilize an interdepartmental integrated approach to mobilization.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Recruiting missionaries for future service.
Participation in all missionary training required by ABWE leadership.
- Establishes annual and long-term goals and objectives.
- Leads a team to effectively accomplish the stated departmental goals and objectives.
- Meets regularly with individual team members to establish or refine objectives and milestones related to their role and assess effectiveness.
- Meets monthly with the team to establish and review departmental objectives, milestones, progress, planning and implementation.
- Represents ABWE’s Global Family of Ministries at conferences, events, colleges, and churches.
- Leads the team to establish functioning workflows for themselves, organizational personnel, and for applicants.
- Approves new tools and technology to be used for mobilization purposes.
- Leads the team to implement software tools and technology.
- Leads the team to implement a relationship cultivation strategy with prospective missionaries (leads generation and management).
- Approves all formal communications (digital or printed) created or sent on behalf of the mobilization department, according to organizational protocol.
- Ensures that missionary applicants meet all organizational requirements.
- Works with ABWE’s Global Family of Ministries leaders to ensure that the Mobilization team knows and is adequately able to recruit for the needs of the entire organization.
- Crafts annual budget proposals; administrates approved budget.
- Collaborates with the Communications and Engagement Department.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
Qualifications: Ability to pass background check and all necessary clearances as mandated by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical Studies, Intercultural Studies, or related field required. Master’s Degree in related field preferred.
Minimum Prior Experience Required: relevant supervised ministry experience required. Previously acquired cross-cultural experience highly preferred.
Travel: Ability to travel within the United States; occasional international travel may be necessary.
- Joy-filled personal faith rooted in Jesus Christ and a heart to serve.
- Knowledge of the Bible and the Biblical principles of world missions, both in practice and principle.
- Demonstrated ability to lead staff and volunteers to accomplish vision and goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
ABWE is a Christian organization, and it is necessary that employees possess and maintain a lifestyle that is above reproach. Employees are encouraged to participate in staff events including corporate and departmental prayer times and staff meetings and lunches.
All ABWE employees must:
- Be a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ and able to articulate a personal testimony of salvation.
- Be walking in Christ-like obedience to Biblical standards in ways that evidence a transforming relationship with Jesus Christ, particularly as outlined in ABWE’s Christian Code of Conduct.
- Be a current and active member and/or regular attendee of a like-minded local church that aligns doctrinally with ABWE.
- Be able to fully support ABWE’s mission, vision, core values, doctrinal statement, and ministry philosophy.
Be able to follow all guidelines set forth in the ABWE Policy Manual and IHQ Staff Handbook.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations, including extended periods of time sitting at a desk. The work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand, and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a moderate to high noise level. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Salary Range: $60,000-$80,000 (depending on experience)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com