Director of Mobilization (Missionary/Minister)
Website ABWE, Inc.
Job Summary/Primary Role: Faithfully represent ABWE and sending church doctrine and practice in culturally appropriate global evangelism as a Missionary Commissioned to Minister in Global Evangelism. The primary role of the Director of Mobilization is to lead a high functioning team of staff, missionaries and volunteers that ensures ABWE’s Global Family of Ministries and ministry opportunities are known, well-promoted, and that prospective missionaries are well-guided along their journey toward official approval or appointment to serve. The Director of Mobilization will utilize an interdepartmental integrated approach to mobilization.
Ministry Assignment/Role: specific ministry assignments vary by individual and field.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Sharing the Gospel and Biblical principles in intentionally developed relationships.
· Discipleship, teaching, spiritual mentorship, and training of Christians.
· Regular participation and leadership in worship services.
· Correspond regularly with prayer and financial supporters.
· Recruiting missionaries for future service.
· Participation in all missionary training required by ABWE leadership.
· Establishes annual and long-term goals and objectives.
· Leads a team to effectively accomplish the stated departmental goals and objectives.
· Meets regularly with individual team members to establish or refine objectives and milestones related to their role and assess effectiveness.
· Meets monthly with the team to establish and review departmental objectives, milestones, progress, planning and implementation.
· Represents ABWE’s Global Family of Ministries at conferences, events, colleges, and churches.
· Leads the team to establish functioning workflows for themselves, organizational personnel, and for applicants.
· Approves new tools and technology to be used for mobilization purposes.
· Leads the team to implement software tools and technology.
· Leads the team to implement a relationship cultivation strategy with prospective missionaries (leads generation and management)
· Approves all formal communications (digital or printed) created or sent on behalf of the mobilization department, according to organizational protocol.
· Ensures that missionary applicants meet all organizational requirements.
· Works with ABWE’s Global Family of Ministries leaders to ensure that the Mobilization team knows and is adequately able to recruit for the needs of the entire organization.
· Crafts annual budget proposals.
· Administrates approved budget.
· Plans and leads meetings.
· Collaborates with the Communications and Engagement Department.
· Other ministry duties, including but not limited to duties in accordance with ministry goals as described in the annual report completed by the missionary and reviewed supervisor and sending church.
· Examine, understand, and abide by ABWE’s doctrine and practice as defined by the ABWE Missionary Handbook and ABWE Employee Policy Manual, including all incorporated and referenced documents therein, including but not limited to Statement of Faith, Core Values, and Biblical Dispute Resolution and Grievance Policy
· Serve faithfully in life and ministry pursuing holiness, humility, accountability, and harmony with fellow ABWE leadership, team members, and nationals.
· Ability to pass background check and all necessary clearances as mandated by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
· College or graduate level courses in Bible and Theology required. Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical studies, Intercultural studies, or related field required. Master’s Degree in related field preferred.
· ABWE required training: may include Essential Mission Components: Mapping to the End Vision of Missions, which focuses on ABWE’s core ministries of cross-cultural evangelism, discipleship, and church planting or Departure Readiness, which equips for the transition to the mission field and adjustment to living in another culture.
Minimum Prior Experience Required:
· Relevant supervised ministry experience required.
· Previously acquired cross-cultural preparation highly preferred.
· Ordained or licensed Minister of the Gospel preferred.
· Commissioning certificate as a Missionary Commissioned to Minister in Global Evangelism required.
· Joy-Filled faith rooted in Jesus Christ and a heart to serve.
· Knowledge of the Bible and the Biblical principles of world missions, both in practice and principle.
· Demonstrated ability to lead staff and volunteers to accomplish vision and goals.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
ABWE is a Christian organization, and it is necessary that employees possess and maintain a lifestyle that is above reproach.
All ABWE Employees Must:
· Be a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ and able to articulate a personal testimony of salvation.
· Be walking in Christ-like obedience to Biblical standards in ways that evidence a transforming relationship with Jesus Christ, particularly as outlined in ABWE’s Christian Code of Conduct.
· Be a current and active member and/or regular attendee of a like-minded local church that aligns doctrinally with ABWE.
· Be able to fully support ABWE’s mission, vision, core values, doctrinal statement, and ministry philosophy.
· Be able to follow all guidelines set forth in the ABWE Employee Policy Manual and Missionary Handbook.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations, including extended periods of time sitting at a desk. The work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand, and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a moderate to high noise level. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com