The blank stare. Have you experienced it?
- Building Outstanding Church/Mission Agency Relations in MobilizationMon Nov 11 2019, 4:00pm CST - Wed Nov 13 2019, 12:00pm CST
- Webinar: Chinese Christianity in an Increasingly Hostile EnvironmentThu Nov 21 2019, 02:00 pm EST - 03:15 pm EST
- Denominational RoundtableMon Dec 9 2019, 1:00pm EST - Tue Dec 10 2019, 1:00pm EST
- 2iC (Second in Command)Tue Dec 10 2019, 12:00pm EST - Wed Dec 11 2019, 12:00pm EST
- Webinar: Designing Missions Opportunities for Every Life StageThu Dec 12 2019, 02:00 pm EST - 03:15 pm EST
I can’t say support raising has ever been easy for me, but not long ago I hit a new low in my relationship to raising personal support.
As a rookie support raiser, I was somehow able to get appointments before I had received much training. I’m not sure if that was a blessing or not.
Green Leaf in Drought-Time (1957), by Isobel Kuhn tells the true story of Arthur and Wilda Matthews, and their daughter Lilah, missionaries to China held under house arrest for two years from 1951 to 1953.
Funding coaches and leaders need to be alert for three subtle fundraising “sayings.” These half-truths seem logical, but following them leads into a cul-de-sac.
My biggest struggle when I first sensed God calling me into ministry was fundraising. I just could not see myself with a degree in mining engineering passing on a job in order to ask people for handouts. I equated fundraising to begging.
If you are doing God’s work, the devil will try to get you to not do it, using whatever tactics he can. And one of his favorite tactics is lies.
The perception exists in some Non-Westerners that the West are “rich,” and so it is easy for them to support Non-Western missionaries. This perception is fed in part by a misconception of financial realities in both cultures and currency values relative to local economies.
52% of the S&P 500 have become insolvent in the past 15 years. That’s over half of the most powerful and innovative companies that helped shape our economy.
God has given every believer, in every one of our ministries, a mission — to go into the world and share the Good News about Jesus.