In “Searching for the Indigenous Method” (October 2012), Kyle Faircloth criticizes what he describes as “the strategy for Church Planting Movements (CPM).” Unfortunately,
- Unpacking the Interpretive Challanges of the "Contested Passages" on WomenThu Oct 21 2021
- Webinar: The Role of Mission Organizations in Missionary Well-BeingThu Oct 21 2021, 12:00pm EDT
- The Innovation Crises: Creating Disruptive Influence in the Ministry You LeadThu Oct 28 2021, 01:00pm EDT
- The Danger of Safety: How Our Love Affair with Safety Keeps Us from World Missions and What To Do About ItWed Nov 3 2021, 01:00pm EDT
- Peer 2 Peer for Marketing and Communications Staff: Maximizing Video and Photos to Tell your StoryThu Nov 4 2021, 02:00pm EDT
The Bad Question of Proclamation vs. Social Action: A Symposium
I read with interest the article, “The Bad Question of Proclamation vs. Social Action: A Symposium” (July 2012), but there still seems to be a lack of clarification and some important issues were not addressed.
The Practice of Bribery
Jason Richard Tan has offered us a valuable reflection on the ethically complex issue of discerning between bribery, extortion, payment, and gift in cross-cultural contexts (July 2011).
Continuing the Discussion of “Women in Missions.”
Writing Missionary Newsletters
I read the Letters to the Editor in the October 2010 issue with interest. As someone who worked in Nepal for much of the 1990s, I found it hard to treat those we wrote to as anything other than friends.
Insider Approach to Muslim Ministry
I appreciate EMQ running an “Insider Approach to Muslim Ministry a Latino Perspective” by Carlos Diaz (July 2010).
Prayer Letters to the Home Team
I greatly appreciated Allan Hedberg’s comments on missionary letter writing (“Prayer Letters to the Home Team,” April 2010) and the need to better communicate God’s work with my sending partners.
Westerners and Middle Easterners
Perry Shaw’s “Westerners and Middle Easterners Serving Together” (January 2010) was excellent.
Thanks much for the July 2009 Missions on the Web article on Folk Religions
THE SHARIA OF GOD
This letter concerns Bradford Greer’s “The Sharia of God: A Contextual Bridge for Islamic Contexts” (July 2008).