Henry Venn’s famous formula coined in 1861 as a definition of the autonomous church— self-supporting, self-governing, and self-propagating (extension)— has been so misused that massive education is necessary to review the thinking of both the donor and the recipient in mission-church giving.
- 24: Creating Pathways (and Reducing Barriers) for Women in Organizational Leadership: Seeing Men and Women Flourish as They Work TogetherMon Jun 17 2019, 12:00pm EDT - Tue Jun 18 2019, 12:00pm EDT
- LeaderSHIFTs: Pursuing a Culture of Shared Leadership between Men and WomenMon Sep 16 2019, 12:00pm EDT - Tue Sep 17 2019, 12:00pm EDT
- Mission Leaders Conference 2019Thu Sep 19 2019, 2:00pm EDT - Sat Sep 21 2019, 12:00pm EDT
- Women's Development WeekSat Sep 28 2019 - Sat Oct 5 2019
- Women's Development WeekSun Oct 20 2019 - Sat Oct 26 2019
A unit of the World Council of Churches sponsored a symposium which has fiercely attacked missionary work among Indians in South America.
To understand the Barbados Declaration we certainly need another document to interpret the document. The symposium of secular anthropologists, who composed the statement, met as part of the World Council of Churches “Program to Combat Racism”, and operated within the frame of reference of the doctrine of liberation.
The Commission on World Mission and Evangelism (CWME) of the World Council of Churches (WCC) has chosen “Salvation Today” as the umbrella topic for its next assembly to be held in Bangkok late in 1972.
On the night of March 25, 1971, negotiations in shambles, President Yahya Khan of Pakistan gave the order to his troops to smash East Pakistan, beginning with the capitol city, Dacca. That first night Sheikh Mujib, head of the Awami League, was captured, the Dacca radio station commandeered, and many, many people killed.
Whether you are making shoes or planting churches you face the constant problem of how much to emphasize quality and how much to emphasize quantity. And people may disagree about where to strike the balance.