Special Note Little did Mike and I know that when he wrote this piece it would be his final one for our MisLinks column. Mike and I co-authored MisLinks since its inception in October 1997, and we constantly remarked to each other over the 14+ years of fruitful collaboration how much we appreciated our partnership . . . read more
- 24: Creating Pathways (and Reducing Barriers) for Women in Organizational Leadership: Seeing Men and Women Flourish as They Work TogetherMon Jun 17 2019, 12:00pm EDT - Tue Jun 18 2019, 12:00pm EDT
- LeaderSHIFTs: Pursuing a Culture of Shared Leadership between Men and WomenMon Sep 16 2019, 12:00pm EDT - Tue Sep 17 2019, 12:00pm EDT
- Mission Leaders Conference 2019Thu Sep 19 2019, 2:00pm EDT - Sat Sep 21 2019, 12:00pm EDT
- Women's Development WeekSun Oct 20 2019 - Sat Oct 26 2019
- Building Outstanding Church/Mission Agency Relations in MobilizationMon Nov 11 2019, 4:00pm CST - Wed Nov 13 2019, 12:00pm CST
When Latinos ask about getting involved in missions, the approach to getting them started is not simple.
by Edgar J. Elliston William Carey Library, 1605 E. Elizabeth St., Pasadena, CA 91104, 272 pages, 2011, $19.99. —Reviewed by James Nelson, vice president, Global Mapping International; senior research associate, Fruitful Practice Research. The cover diagram looks a little like Bohr’s model of the atom. While missiological research design is not nuclear science, it . . . read more
In part two of his discussion, Rickett shares a
proposal by which the Western Church and the Majority World Church can bridge the wealth divide and realize the unity we have in Christ.
by M. David Sills Moody Publishers, 820 N. LaSalle Blvd., Chicago, IL 60610, 256 pages, 2010, $16.99. —Reviewed by John Charping, Mid-America Baptist Theological Seminary. Is the Great Commission about decisions or disciples? Reaching and Teaching is a call to a balanced missiology of maturing and multiplying churches. M. David Sills, former missionary and current . . . read more
Although vital to cross-cultural missions, language learning presents a major challenge for missionaries. The author introduces biblical themes for language learning.
by Craig Van Gelder and Dwight J. Zscheile Baker Academic, P.O. Box 6287, Grand Rapids, MI 49516, 208 pages, 2011, $19.99. —Reviewed by Jason McKnight, lead pastor, Grace Fellowship Church, Kinston, North Carolina. This book is meant to do two things: provide an update in the area of missional church, and move the conversation forward. . . . read more
The author shares five questions cross-cultural
workers need to ask when making lifestyle choices.
Other Books Received
Cocker, Marcia. 2011. As Far as You Can Go and Still Be in God’s Hands: Letters from Papua New Guinea. West Nyack, N.Y.: Others Press.
The author discusses the importance of communion,
community, and ministry in leadership.