The Meeting of the Waters is not your usual “mission textbook,” but it is the kind of trends analysis that is indispensable for anticipating future church and mission.
- Essentials for Fundraising and DevelopmentWed Jan 26 2022, 01:00pm EST
- CEO Thought Leader Briefing: The Lausanne Update - the State of the Great CommissionWed Jan 26 2022, 01:00pm EST
- Webinar: Discovering the Effective Writer Within YouThu Jan 27 2022, 12:00pm EST
- Showing the Heart of the Sojourner to Afghan RefugeesWed Feb 2 2022, 01:00pm EST
- Webinar: Studying Missions in Credible and Useful WaysThu Feb 10 2022, 12:00pm EST
If we are to understand missions worldwide, we need to look at the role of women in God’s economy.
The book is an excellent read for getting basic theological insight into the world of marketplace ministry.
Why would one missionary organization decide to form an alliance with another?
Written for present and potential church planters, this is not so much a book of new ideas but, rather a book of ideas on how to generate new ideas relevant to the church planter’s specific cultural and economic context.
Examples of how Operation World can help you pray in an informed way for issues addressed in EMQ articles.
Flanigan, Shawn Teresa. 2010. For the Love of God: NGOs and Religious Identity in a Violent World. Sterling, Va.: Kumarian Press. Hirsch, Alan and Debra Hirsch. 2010. Untamed: Reactivating a Missional Form of Discipleship. Grand Rapids, Mich.: Baker Books. Malone, Kelly. 2009. The Sword of the Spirit: How God’s Word Changes Lives. Smyrna, Del.: Missional . . . read more
May 2010, 900 mission leaders from 85 countries representing nearly 100,000 missionaries met together at the Tokyo 2010 Global Mission Consultation. As an outcome, the consultation issued the following declaration.
The Tokyo 2010 Declaration repeatedly states that both the process and product of missions should have at its heart “making disciples of all peoples in this generation.”
The essential work of mission mobilization is to best fit workers into global contribution.