Spanish and typical Western worldviews are quite different, thus creating challenges for effective long-term ministry.
- Mission Leaders Conference – Innovate 2021Wed Sep 22 2021, 07:00am EDT
- Innovate 2021 VIRTUALWed Sep 22 2021, 02:00pm EDT
- Mobilizing Generation Z: Observations, Obstacles and OpportunitiesWed Oct 6 2021, 01:00pm EDT
- Webinar: Educational support for families: Can your agency achieve its goals without it?Thu Oct 7 2021, 12:00pm EDT
- Peer 2 Peer for Marketing and Communications Staff: Crisis Communications EssentialsTue Oct 12 2021, 02:00pm EDT
Written to the American churchgoer, Buchanan’s message is even more urgent for frontline cross-cultural workers laboring under the “tyranny of the urgent” and the “reality of insufficient resources.”
Careful and adequate pre-mission training needs to be done in preparing westerners to engage the cultural context of Africa in short-term missions.
Dependency and sustainability are the new buzzwords. The order of the day is, “Support indigenous ministry, but be very careful how you give.” John Rowell challenges this conventional thinking.
A survey of 142 college-age MKs reveals the benefits and challenges of missionaries using national schools to educate their children.
The insights on missionary retention in WorthKeeping equal or exceed the contributions on missionary attrition in Too Valuable to Lose, the first book from the “Researching Missionary Attrition Project” or ReMAP.
A brief look at the teachings of Jesus and the early Church show that event-speech (responding to immediate events through Spirit-guided speeches) was the preferred method of evangelism.
A veteran missionary and scholar challenges westerners to reexamine their beliefs of “clean” and “dirty” as viewed in the Indian context.
Marvin Newell, executive director of CrossGlobal Link, and Steve Moore, president and CEO of The Mission Exchange, discuss the changes their associations are undergoing.
Missionaries often find themselves in situations which necessitate an interpreter, regardless of their time on the field.