Mercy ministry? Good. Micro-enterprise development? You bet. Disaster relief? Of course. Social action? Uh, you mean political involvement? Isn’t that social gospel liberal stuff?
- Webinar: An Introduction to the Theology and Practice of Cross-Cultural RiskThu May 26 2022, 12:00pm EDT
- Pocket Guide to Being a Missions Pastor: 5 Things Every Missions Pastor Needs to KnowWed Jun 1 2022, 01:00pm EDT
- From Harlem to the World - the Local Church Mobilized for Global MissionsWed Aug 3 2022, 01:00pm EDT
- Innovation Leaders DiscussionMon Aug 8 2022, 01:00pm EDT
- Peer 2 Peer for Communications and Marketing Staff: Communications and the Mission of God: Aligning organizational communications with God's purposesThu Aug 18 2022, 01:00pm EDT
It was an e-mail you pray will never be written about you. The message came from an African friend, Zwanda (not his real name). Zwanda and I can be brutally honest with each other.
Compelling reflection, The New Global Mission both elucidates complex issues in contemporary missions and draws the reader to thoughtfully consider steps forward.
Over centuries, and especially in recent decades, the South Asian diaspora has increased for demographic, economic, social and political reasons.
Robert Gallagher and Paul Hertig have edited a book that seeks to bridge the gap between the first century context in which Luke wrote, and the twenty-first century context in which mission practitioners live.
Both theologically and pragmatically, at least five priorities or questions should be kept in mind when choosing new target areas.
The new Mission Handbook is out. Frequently I receive questions about which organizations work in a particular country, conduct certain kinds of ministry, what I know about an agency or how to get in touch with it. This is where I go for the answers.
The patriarchal clan system has many ramifications.
The book reveals secrets about house churches in China, with names, places and pictures.
Sweet Talk in Africa
Thanks, Jay, for your sweet article in EMQ (April 2004). You explain and illustrate your three points beautifully and also affirm Africans and their wisdom stored in proverbs.