How is the church in South Africa doing? What is the church in South Africa doing? The importance of this excellent and interesting small volume goes beyond answering these questions; it also gives us a model for examining the church in other nations.
- Peer 2 Peer CEO Virtual Edition - 2nd DayWed Apr 8 2020, 01:00pm EDT - 03:00pm EDT
- Webinar: TECHnically Connected: navigating distance on virtual teamsThu Apr 9 2020, 02:00pm EDT - 03:15pm EDT
- Peer 2 Peer CEO Virtual Edition - 3rd DayWed Apr 15 2020, 01:00pm EDT - 03:00pm EDT
- Peer 2 Peer CEO Virtual Edition - 4th DayWed Apr 22 2020, 01:00pm EDT - 03:00pm EDT
- Peer 2 Peer CEO Virtual Edition - 5th DayWed Apr 29 2020, 01:00pm EDT - 03:00pm EDT
Wade Byrum is a forty-something businessman and a fellow elder at our church. A short time ago he led our session in a devotional that I will not soon forget.
Frykenberg provides an overview of the complex origins of Christians in India.
“Take every thought to make it obedient to Christ … Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry … See to it that … no bitter root grows up” (2 Cor. 10:5, Eph. 4:26, Heb. 12:15).
Affect someone’s heart motivation and you will increase their effectiveness of reaching non-Christians, regardless of the methodology used.
One of the major roles of a cross-cultural evangelist is to experiment enough to find ways to make the gospel message stick to the hearts and minds of the audience.
Whether we like it or not, people acting for the glory of God have formed our modern culture.” That quote from the dust jacket barely gives a hint of what Stark delivers in this ground-breaking book.
Three reasons that missionaries (both expatriates and nationals) in predominantly oral cultures should actively incorporate the use of traditional proverbs in their ministry.
Someone dropped the “W” from wholism. Those ministering in development-related work now find a new word in their vocabulary: “holism.” What motivated this change? What does it mean for those in development-related work?
The Mulla was walking down the village street deep in thought, when some urchins began to throw stones at him. He was taken by surprise, and besides he was not a big man.