We grew up hearing about sending missionaries to reach people overseas, and now they are living here. It seems our North American world of “missions” is turned upside down. What is God doing?
- 24: Creating Pathways (and Reducing Barriers) for Women in Organizational Leadership: Seeing Men and Women Flourish as They Work TogetherMon Jun 17 2019, 12:00pm EDT - Tue Jun 18 2019, 12:00pm EDT
- LeaderSHIFTs: Pursuing a Culture of Shared Leadership between Men and WomenMon Sep 16 2019, 12:00pm EDT - Tue Sep 17 2019, 12:00pm EDT
- Mission Leaders Conference 2019Thu Sep 19 2019, 2:00pm EDT - Sat Sep 21 2019, 12:00pm EDT
- Women's Development WeekSun Oct 20 2019 - Sat Oct 26 2019
- Building Outstanding Church/Mission Agency Relations in MobilizationMon Nov 11 2019, 4:00pm CST - Wed Nov 13 2019, 12:00pm CST
Intentional care of missionaries as an integral part of a mission agency’s mandate is a growing reality. …Does the World Wide Web have a role in fostering missionary care and providing resources for missionaries and mission agencies?
We teach a Bible study Tuesday evenings at a Quechua congregation four kilometers outside of Sucre. Recently after the study, one of the brothers said that he had brought his nephew and wife along and that they wanted to give themselves to Christ.
When I asked a new missionary how he was doing after being on the field for a year, he replied, “Lewis, I don’t have a clue what I’m doing.”
Whether they be Christians for one year or for 20, whether they be farmers in the northeast or office workers in Bangkok, the majority of Thai Christians I have surveyed believe that Christians are able to promise God certain things so that he will answer their prayers.
The author considers the use of metaphors in the New Testament to address the character and tone of the language used to motivate people to mission and then briefly reflects upon the appropriateness of warfare imagery as it has been employed in recent times.
This is the best evangelistic and pre-evangelistic film I have ever seen.
My wife and I work out of a mission center nestled at the base of the Jura mountains, not too far from Geneva. Lining the walls of our office are books, articles, journals, and dissertations dealing with missionary care. In this article, I would like to take you for a short tour of the office.
Ten principles that may be of help to others facing missionary challenges in Spain.
Only by God’s grace did I become an area administrator for the International Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention. When asked to fill the role, my constant prayer was, “Lord, why me for this job when you have so many others much more capable than I?”