With the cooperation of several missionary-sending agencies, I was able to survey 664 missionaries currently on the field, record the life stories of many who are adult children of alcoholics, and interview nearly a dozen therapists who specialize in serving the evangelical missionary community.
- 24: Creating Pathways (and Reducing Barriers) for Women in Organizational Leadership: Seeing Men and Women Flourish as They Work TogetherMon Jun 17 2019, 12:00pm EDT - Tue Jun 18 2019, 12:00pm EDT
- LeaderSHIFTs: Pursuing a Culture of Shared Leadership between Men and WomenMon Sep 16 2019, 12:00pm EDT - Tue Sep 17 2019, 12:00pm EDT
- Mission Leaders Conference 2019Thu Sep 19 2019, 2:00pm EDT - Sat Sep 21 2019, 12:00pm EDT
- Women's Development WeekSat Sep 28 2019 - Sat Oct 5 2019
- Women's Development WeekSun Oct 20 2019 - Sat Oct 26 2019
Six suggestions for inhanced effectiveness.
“Paul an apostle by the will of God.” What could be simpler? Yet, what is laden with more profound meaning for the missionary enterprise than the concept of calling?
2000—An evaluation and a look ahead
Just how important is missionary training?
Recently an Asian mission asked me to evaluate its strategy. After a preliminary inquiry, I said, “Before we go on, it already appears to me that you have overlooked the importance of the church.”
These stages in the church-planting cycle are a must.
Worship, from a biblical perspective, is far more than merely singing or praising God in the assembly of the saints.
What does it cost to educate missionaries’ children overseas? That was one of the questions addressed by the 1998 Intermission MK Education Consultation (IMKEC).
How do you reach out to a missionary kid on furlough?