The tranquil cornfields of central Illinois stretched on mile after mile along Route 150 west of Peoria. Suddenly, a bizarre black-and-white sign MURPHY GO HOME popped up from the greenery. How unneighborly, I thought about the good farmers of Illinois.
- Webinar: Four Global Trends Affecting World MissionThu Mar 21 2019, 02:00 pm EDT - 03:15 pm EDT
- 24: Creating Pathways (and Reducing Barriers) for Women in Organizational Leadership: Seeing Men and Women Flourish as They Work TogetherFri Mar 29 2019, 12:00pm PDT - Sat Mar 30 2019, 12:00pm PDT
- Canadian Mission Leader ConnectionThu Apr 4 2019, 10:00am EDT - 2:00pm EDT
- Peer2Peer - CEOsTue Apr 9 2019, 5:30pm EDT - Thu Apr 11 2019, 4:00pm EDT
- Webinar: Jesus in the Secular World #1: Understanding Global SecularizationThu Apr 18 2019, 02:00 pm EDT - 03:15 pm EDT
Some in cars, some on horses, some on bicycles and some on foot. They start out together but end up in many places across an entire country. House by house, they cover the targeted villages systematically.
C. Kaushal remembered the bloody partition of India in 1947 as if it happened last week. Kaushal was 9 years old when the British withdrew from India, sparking the slaughter of half a million Muslims and Hindus. His family, which worshiped the monkey god Hanuman and four other gods, had little sympathy for the monotheistic Muslim minority.
Over the past several years we have witnessed an acceleration of available information through the Internet. For the past few decades we have been hearing that the amount of knowledge doubles roughly every 10 years (more recently, even less than that).
When someone commits his or her life to the Lord to serve as a missionary, there is an understanding and acceptance that this choice may involve suffering and trial.
Missionaries returning home for visits to North America find a changing landscape. During coffee breaks at church meetings and conferences many lament the declining interest in missions in North America.
I learned that the best kind of leading is by dependent example, as Jesus did with his disciples.
10 specific things the church learned from the devastation.
This article is in response to “Reflections on the Meaning of ‘All Nations,'” by Frank Severn in the October 1977 issue of EMQ.
This article is a response to “Some Thoughts on the Meaning of ‘All Nations,'” by Frank Severn in the October 1977 EMQ.