Are you a missionary, a mom, a wife, a teacher, or what?” This was a fairly routine question as we traveled widely to minister in churches around the U.S.
- 24: Creating Pathways (and Reducing Barriers) for Women in Organizational Leadership: Seeing Men and Women Flourish as They Work TogetherFri Mar 29 2019, 12:00pm PDT - Sat Mar 30 2019, 12:00pm PDT
- Canadian Mission Leader ConnectionThu Apr 4 2019, 10:00am EDT - 2:00pm EDT
- Peer2Peer - CEOsTue Apr 9 2019, 5:30pm EDT - Thu Apr 11 2019, 4:00pm EDT
- Webinar: Jesus in the Secular World #1: Understanding Global SecularizationThu Apr 18 2019, 02:00 pm EDT - 03:15 pm EDT
- Webinar: Jesus in the Secular World #2: Responding to Global SecularizationThu Apr 25 2019, 02:00 pm EDT - 03:15 pm EDT
Have you ever walked into a Christian bookstore and felt overwhelmed by the number of interesting books that you would like to read? We sure have. In fact, this past year alone an estimated 24,000 new Christian titles were published around the world (Barrett, 1995).
Jews who believe in Jesus have been the perennial Rodney Dangerfields of evangelical Christianity—they get no respect. Their nonbelieving Jewish brethren have long denied their very existence. In recent years, as their growing numbers have been impossible to deny, they have been excoriated as Jewish heretics.
Cuba is the only country in the Western Hemisphere closed to resident foreign missionaries.
Field-based research on Venezuelan cultural presuppositions.
How can I help people whose dignity and potential are being denied them because of dependency arising from paternalistic giving?
Three principal areas to look at when talking about mobilizing Christian Africa to touch the world for Christ.
I am a third-generation missionary. My grandmother rode yaks in Tibet. And my mother rode jeeps in Indonesia. Missions is in my blood, a heritage I wish to pass on to my three daughters. Women did as much, went as far, and died on the fields as often as their male missionary peers.
A neutral term I have coined, “missiocracy,” means simply the rule or governance of missions.
Hats off to the World Evangelical Fellowship for mobilizing evangelical churches the world over to pray for persecuted Christians. Last September 29, according to WEF estimates, Christians in some 150,000 churches from 117 countries rose up to pray for their persecuted brothers and sisters.