In Nigeria, I’ve been surprised at the number of people who have said to me, “You are the first black missionary we’ve ever seen. Aren’t black people in America Christians? Or, “Please tell more black missionaries to come.”
- 24: Creating Pathways (and Reducing Barriers) for Women in Organizational Leadership: Seeing Men and Women Flourish as They Work TogetherMon Jun 17 2019, 12:00pm EDT - Tue Jun 18 2019, 12:00pm EDT
- LeaderSHIFTs: Pursuing a Culture of Shared Leadership between Men and WomenMon Sep 16 2019, 12:00pm EDT - Tue Sep 17 2019, 12:00pm EDT
- Mission Leaders Conference 2019Thu Sep 19 2019, 2:00pm EDT - Sat Sep 21 2019, 12:00pm EDT
- Women's Development WeekSat Sep 28 2019 - Sat Oct 5 2019
- Women's Development WeekSun Oct 20 2019 - Sat Oct 26 2019
The church has been growing in Singapore at an astounding rate over the last two decades. But many of these new Christians show symptoms of serious and often crippling birth defects.
They came out with all the excitement of a new missionary couple. They had sent out prayer letters and had spoken to churches and small groups.
Missionaries need to know what pastors believe about missions, what their churches are doing about missions, and what needs their churches have in regards to missions.
Is fulfillment of the Great Commission hindered because women are not equal co-workers in all levels of decision-making and mission activity? My answer is yes, for historical, theological, and psycho-social reasons.
Michael Duncan spoke with Owen Salter about the vision, principles, and costs of a Western Christian serving God among the poorest of the poor.— The editors.
I’ve classified the world’s hostility to the gospel four ways: ideological, religious, social, and political.