A tongue-in-cheek look at missionary requirements.
- Webinar: Spiritual Direction: A Growing Practice in Missions and Member CareThu Aug 22 2019, 02:00 pm EDT - 03:15 pm EDT
- Webinar: Stewardship of Short-Term Missions with an Emphasis on DiscipleshipThu Aug 29 2019, 02:00 pm EDT - 03:15 pm EDT
- LeaderSHIFTs: Pursuing a Culture of Shared Leadership between Men and WomenMon Sep 16 2019, 12:00pm EDT - Tue Sep 17 2019, 12:00pm EDT
- Mission Leaders Conference 2019Thu Sep 19 2019, 2:00pm EDT - Sat Sep 21 2019, 12:00pm EDT
- Webinar: New Ways to Tell the Old StoryThu Oct 10 2019, 02:00 pm EDT - 03:15 pm EDT
We must evaluate the human, physical, and financial resources needed for the use of broadcasting in missions.
Time is running out for white mission agencies to use black missionaries. At the same time, the reservoir of potential black missionaries has never been fuller.
Ben Britten was an innovator. He had the vision that could have turned his tired mission into a legitimate power in Nigeria. Yet, while the nationals were open to Ben’s ideas, his own organization vigorously resisted any attempts at change.
Question: When is a trend not a trend? Answer: When it is an issue.
Reports from around the world.
The missionary candidates who come to us reflect the society in which they have been nurtured. Unless we understand that society as it is today, we cannot understand those young people.
Development of a biblical ethos and lifestyle clearly involves culture.
Today’s missionary faces a new threat that can no longer be ignored. While it is not expected to change the practice of missions, terrorism may affect missionaries, their families, churches, and mission agencies.
Western development theory is outcome-oriented and assumes quantitative growth, thereby overlooking three important factors.