To mark the occasion, we asked the heads of our sponsoring associations where we are in missions now compared to 1964.
- 24: Creating Pathways (and Reducing Barriers) for Women in Organizational Leadership: Seeing Men and Women Flourish as They Work TogetherMon Jun 17 2019, 12:00pm EDT - Tue Jun 18 2019, 12:00pm EDT
- LeaderSHIFTs: Pursuing a Culture of Shared Leadership between Men and WomenMon Sep 16 2019, 12:00pm EDT - Tue Sep 17 2019, 12:00pm EDT
- Mission Leaders Conference 2019Thu Sep 19 2019, 2:00pm EDT - Sat Sep 21 2019, 12:00pm EDT
- Women's Development WeekSat Sep 28 2019 - Sat Oct 5 2019
- Women's Development WeekSun Oct 20 2019 - Sat Oct 26 2019
I wondered and wept. How does Christ enter the Muslim world?
Are tentmakers copouts from being real missionaries? According to some critics, yes. Are tentmakers God’s secret weapon to evangelize the world? According to some backers, yes.
Our look at what makes pastors (and missionaries) weep; power In proverbs; finding support In a good learning setting; and rooting out theological education’s colonialism.
Because there are so many techniques on the market, missionaries need discernment, they need to know how to weigh the pros and cons. To help them do that, I’ve put together a list of test questions. Apply them ruthlessly to every method.
Church-mission integration, like marriage, costs much of both parties to make it work.
Because of his extensive studies in missions, his many years of teaching, and his keen interest in current affairs in both missions and education, Wilbert Norton’s insights are pertinent to missionaries at all levels of action.
There are rewards, but pitfalls abound. God’s call is just as essential as for the career missionary.
It’s a cliche, but it’s also a fact: we live in challenging times. A major part of the challenge lies in sorting out challenges.
Man has a tendency to perpetuate institutions, whether or not they continue to serve their original purpose. As a result, agencies and institutions clamor for support long after they have outlived their usefulness.