To mark the occasion, we asked the heads of our sponsoring associations where we are in missions now compared to 1964.
- Webinar: Four Global Trends Affecting World MissionThu Mar 21 2019, 02:00 pm EDT - 03:15 pm EDT
- 24: Creating Pathways (and Reducing Barriers) for Women in Organizational Leadership: Seeing Men and Women Flourish as They Work TogetherFri Mar 29 2019, 12:00pm PDT - Sat Mar 30 2019, 12:00pm PDT
- Canadian Mission Leader ConnectionThu Apr 4 2019, 10:00am EDT - 2:00pm EDT
- Peer2Peer - CEOsTue Apr 9 2019, 5:30pm EDT - Thu Apr 11 2019, 4:00pm EDT
- Webinar: Jesus in the Secular World #1: Understanding Global SecularizationThu Apr 18 2019, 02:00 pm EDT - 03:15 pm EDT
I wondered and wept. How does Christ enter the Muslim world?
Are tentmakers copouts from being real missionaries? According to some critics, yes. Are tentmakers God’s secret weapon to evangelize the world? According to some backers, yes.
Our look at what makes pastors (and missionaries) weep; power In proverbs; finding support In a good learning setting; and rooting out theological education’s colonialism.
Because there are so many techniques on the market, missionaries need discernment, they need to know how to weigh the pros and cons. To help them do that, I’ve put together a list of test questions. Apply them ruthlessly to every method.
Church-mission integration, like marriage, costs much of both parties to make it work.
Because of his extensive studies in missions, his many years of teaching, and his keen interest in current affairs in both missions and education, Wilbert Norton’s insights are pertinent to missionaries at all levels of action.
There are rewards, but pitfalls abound. God’s call is just as essential as for the career missionary.
It’s a cliche, but it’s also a fact: we live in challenging times. A major part of the challenge lies in sorting out challenges.
Man has a tendency to perpetuate institutions, whether or not they continue to serve their original purpose. As a result, agencies and institutions clamor for support long after they have outlived their usefulness.