Tbe prayer meeting at Woosung Road was dismissed, and as the people began to leave, we finally clasped each other’s hands. I had heard of him, but now in the summer of 1927, in Shanghai, at China Inland Mission headquarters, we met. My wife Isobel had made his acquaintance previously in Vancouver, B.C.
- 24: Creating Pathways (and Reducing Barriers) for Women in Organizational Leadership: Seeing Men and Women Flourish as They Work TogetherMon Jun 17 2019, 12:00pm EDT - Tue Jun 18 2019, 12:00pm EDT
- LeaderSHIFTs: Pursuing a Culture of Shared Leadership between Men and WomenMon Sep 16 2019, 12:00pm EDT - Tue Sep 17 2019, 12:00pm EDT
- Mission Leaders Conference 2019Thu Sep 19 2019, 2:00pm EDT - Sat Sep 21 2019, 12:00pm EDT
- Women's Development WeekSat Sep 28 2019 - Sat Oct 5 2019
- Women's Development WeekSun Oct 20 2019 - Sat Oct 26 2019
Our mid-twentieth century world is one of emerging young nations and young nations are nations of young people. What significance does this have for missionaries and mission boards?
There are simply too many foreign mission organizations. We may lack missionaries,’ preaching, and conversions, but there are too many separate missionary groups. The result: excessive overhead expense, duplication of effort, confusion in the minds of the Christian public.
Subscribed by the Delegates to THE CONGRESS ON THE CHURCH’S WORLDWIDE MISSION Convened at Wheaton, Illinois April 9-16, 1966
Fact No. 1: For the first time in sixty years, missionary books are again on the best seller lists. Students are especially interested in them.