From Reformation times reference to the missionary mandate of the Great Commission has raised serious questions.
- Essentials for Fundraising and Development for Missions AgenciesThu Apr 22 2021, 01:00pm EDT
- Webinar: The Blessed Alliance—Men and Women Serving God TogetherThu Apr 22 2021, 02:00pm EDT
- Innovation Labs - Session 4Tue Apr 27 2021, 10:00am EDT
- Renew: CEO & Spouse RetreatTue May 4 2021, 03:00pm EDT
- Church Mission Leaders Peer 2 Peer: Diaspora Ministry and the Local ChurchWed May 12 2021, 01:00pm EDT
Does the world need 120,000 North American missionaries by the year 2000? All along it’s been assumed by missions strategists, recruiters and promoters that the way to reach the unreached is to pump more North Americans into the realms of the unevangelized.
It is a great calling and privilege to be a missionary. It is my joy to have rubbed shoulders with hundreds of foreign missionaries over the past two decades. By and large, they impress me very positively.
There is a need for a different understanding of “missionary” than what many people have.
As the church enters the last quarter of this century, there is a new sense of reality and urgency about the missionary task.