By and large, the religion of Islam has been presented to Western readers in its theologically orthodox aspect. Anyone who has read a fair amount of material on Islam is familiar with the confession, “There is no god but Allah, and Mohammad is his prophet.”
- Church and Agency Partnerships: Ingredients for Meaningful and Effective MinistryWed Aug 4 2021, 01:00pm EDT
- Pipeline Consultation on Candidate AssessmentThu Aug 5 2021, 02:00pm EDT
- Webinar: Member Care: Coming Attractions: Sunshine and StormThu Aug 12 2021, 12:00pm EDT
- Mobilizing the Next GenerationThu Aug 12 2021, 01:00pm EDT
- Webinar: Women in the Mission of the ChurchThu Aug 26 2021, 02:00pm EDT
Perhaps the greatest danger evangelicals face is the high potential for the disintegration of the home.
Numbers games on big city streets around the world rob people of money that could go for food and clothing. The missionary enterprise is also plagued by numbers games.
Just as many roads in the third world seem to be constructed solely of potholes, so missionary life and service sometimes seem to be composed of a boundless configuration of problems.
The church in Antioch became the vehicle for two areas, first the vision and second the strategy.
George: Boy, this situation is confusing. I’m trying to sort it out. Sam, will you help me? Having our units overseas can cause some real problems.
Sam: Yes, it can, but that doesn’t mean it’s hopeless. These units cost about $150,000. Most work well, but too many seem to operate at 25 percent capacity. This one has broken down and has to be sent back.
Jokes about single women missionaries bother me. First, for what they reveal about the people who tell them – Christians should reject all humor made at other’s expense. Second, for what I fear is revealed about the women referred to – our failure to protect their dignity and personhood has helped produce characteristics that become the basis for those jokes.