Numbers games on big city streets around the world rob people of money that could go for food and clothing. The missionary enterprise is also plagued by numbers games.
- Webinar: Four Global Trends Affecting World MissionThu Mar 21 2019, 02:00 pm EDT - 03:15 pm EDT
- 24: Creating Pathways (and Reducing Barriers) for Women in Organizational Leadership: Seeing Men and Women Flourish as They Work TogetherFri Mar 29 2019, 12:00pm PDT - Sat Mar 30 2019, 12:00pm PDT
- Canadian Mission Leader ConnectionThu Apr 4 2019, 10:00am EDT - 2:00pm EDT
- Peer2Peer - CEOsTue Apr 9 2019, 5:30pm EDT - Thu Apr 11 2019, 4:00pm EDT
- Webinar: Jesus in the Secular World #1: Understanding Global SecularizationThu Apr 18 2019, 02:00 pm EDT - 03:15 pm EDT
Just as many roads in the third world seem to be constructed solely of potholes, so missionary life and service sometimes seem to be composed of a boundless configuration of problems.
The church in Antioch became the vehicle for two areas, first the vision and second the strategy.
George: Boy, this situation is confusing. I’m trying to sort it out. Sam, will you help me? Having our units overseas can cause some real problems.
Sam: Yes, it can, but that doesn’t mean it’s hopeless. These units cost about $150,000. Most work well, but too many seem to operate at 25 percent capacity. This one has broken down and has to be sent back.
Jokes about single women missionaries bother me. First, for what they reveal about the people who tell them – Christians should reject all humor made at other’s expense. Second, for what I fear is revealed about the women referred to – our failure to protect their dignity and personhood has helped produce characteristics that become the basis for those jokes.
By and large, the religion of Islam has been presented to Western readers in its theologically orthodox aspect. Anyone who has read a fair amount of material on Islam is familiar with the confession, “There is no god but Allah, and Mohammad is his prophet.”
Perhaps the greatest danger evangelicals face is the high potential for the disintegration of the home.