“Nonprofessional missionary” scares more than a few professional missionaries. Public appeals for students to consider working in business, education, government or industry overseas – while being a “missionary” on the side – are met with red caution flags by the full-time professional missionaries.
- Peer 2 Peer CEO Virtual Edition - 2nd DayWed Apr 8 2020, 01:00pm EDT - 03:00pm EDT
- Webinar: TECHnically Connected: navigating distance on virtual teamsThu Apr 9 2020, 02:00pm EDT - 03:15pm EDT
- Peer 2 Peer CEO Virtual Edition - 3rd DayWed Apr 15 2020, 01:00pm EDT - 03:00pm EDT
- Peer 2 Peer CEO Virtual Edition - 4th DayWed Apr 22 2020, 01:00pm EDT - 03:00pm EDT
- Peer 2 Peer CEO Virtual Edition - 5th DayWed Apr 29 2020, 01:00pm EDT - 03:00pm EDT
Here are some warnings and guidelines from one of the early boosters of theological education by extension, who still believes in its potential for development of the church.
“The mission field” at home is becoming increasingly responsive to evangelism and church-planting. This article tells how the Southern Baptists have carried out an effective ministry among U.S. ethnic groups.
The sense of God’s leading can be achieved in field elections. Conflicting human appeals can be resolved by spiritual preparation before and during the balloting.
Believe it or not, surveys of mission organizations and their publications show that the most vital link between a mission and Christians in the sending church is the individual missionary’s prayer letter.
A few of my students worked through 24 missionary prayer letters. We were searching for attitudes of all kinds that might show up in such letters. Our research was limited to one letter per missionary.
Reports from around the world.