“Nonprofessional missionary” scares more than a few professional missionaries. Public appeals for students to consider working in business, education, government or industry overseas – while being a “missionary” on the side – are met with red caution flags by the full-time professional missionaries.
- Webinar: Through the WallThu Jan 28 2021, 02:00pm EST
- Three Easy Ways to Drive InnovationThu Feb 11 2021, 02:00pm EST
- Three Steps to Kickstart Your Fund Development ProgramTue Feb 16 2021, 03:00pm EST
- Webinar: Innovating Theological Education: How BibleMesh can Prepare your Staff for MinistryThu Feb 25 2021, 02:00pm EST
- Association Leaders GatheringTue Mar 2 2021, 08:30am EST
Here are some warnings and guidelines from one of the early boosters of theological education by extension, who still believes in its potential for development of the church.
“The mission field” at home is becoming increasingly responsive to evangelism and church-planting. This article tells how the Southern Baptists have carried out an effective ministry among U.S. ethnic groups.
The sense of God’s leading can be achieved in field elections. Conflicting human appeals can be resolved by spiritual preparation before and during the balloting.
Believe it or not, surveys of mission organizations and their publications show that the most vital link between a mission and Christians in the sending church is the individual missionary’s prayer letter.
A few of my students worked through 24 missionary prayer letters. We were searching for attitudes of all kinds that might show up in such letters. Our research was limited to one letter per missionary.
Reports from around the world.