Many missionaries are on the field today because they have wanted to get into the battle for men’s souls.
- 24: Creating Pathways (and Reducing Barriers) for Women in Organizational Leadership: Seeing Men and Women Flourish as They Work TogetherFri Mar 29 2019, 12:00pm PDT - Sat Mar 30 2019, 12:00pm PDT
- Canadian Mission Leader ConnectionThu Apr 4 2019, 10:00am EDT - 2:00pm EDT
- Peer2Peer - CEOsTue Apr 9 2019, 5:30pm EDT - Thu Apr 11 2019, 4:00pm EDT
- Webinar: Jesus in the Secular World #1: Understanding Global SecularizationThu Apr 18 2019, 02:00 pm EDT - 03:15 pm EDT
- Webinar: Jesus in the Secular World #2: Responding to Global SecularizationThu Apr 25 2019, 02:00 pm EDT - 03:15 pm EDT
The first-termer’s problems of adjustment are very real, but this article puts them in some perspective so the new missionary will not find himself tilting at windmills as Don Quixote did. In addition, the author’s experience helps him give sound practical advice about how to rise above first-term doldrums.
Faith mission boards’ traditional purpose of establishing autonomous churches may be self-defeating, says this author. He calls for new goals and methods in the light of national church development, so that the churches become the instruments of outreach.
Spontaneous obedience, a passion for Jesus himself, courage and perseverance were the hallmarks of the early Moravian missionaries. This author wonders how modern missionaries can emulate these pioneers who reached across the world long before Carey and Hudson Taylor.
Jehovah’s Witnesses are a fast-growing cult. Shall we avoid them, slam the door in their faces, or what? This author says that with the right approach they can be reached for the Lord. His steps are applicable to missionaries in any part of the world.