Faith mission boards’ traditional purpose of establishing autonomous churches may be self-defeating, says this author. He calls for new goals and methods in the light of national church development, so that the churches become the instruments of outreach.
- Innovation Labs - Session 4Tue Apr 27 2021, 10:00am EDT
- Renew: CEO & Spouse RetreatTue May 4 2021, 03:00pm EDT
- Church Mission Leaders Peer 2 Peer: Diaspora Ministry and the Local ChurchWed May 12 2021, 01:00pm EDT
- Part 3 Mobilizing People of Color: the Latino American ChurchThu May 13 2021
- Webinar: Lawsuits and Rumors of LawsuitsThu May 13 2021, 02:00pm EDT
Spontaneous obedience, a passion for Jesus himself, courage and perseverance were the hallmarks of the early Moravian missionaries. This author wonders how modern missionaries can emulate these pioneers who reached across the world long before Carey and Hudson Taylor.
Jehovah’s Witnesses are a fast-growing cult. Shall we avoid them, slam the door in their faces, or what? This author says that with the right approach they can be reached for the Lord. His steps are applicable to missionaries in any part of the world.
Many missionaries are on the field today because they have wanted to get into the battle for men’s souls.
The first-termer’s problems of adjustment are very real, but this article puts them in some perspective so the new missionary will not find himself tilting at windmills as Don Quixote did. In addition, the author’s experience helps him give sound practical advice about how to rise above first-term doldrums.