Many missionaries are on the field today because they have wanted to get into the battle for men’s souls.
- Peer 2 Peer CEO Virtual Edition - 2nd DayWed Apr 8 2020, 01:00pm EDT - 03:00pm EDT
- Webinar: TECHnically Connected: navigating distance on virtual teamsThu Apr 9 2020, 02:00pm EDT - 03:15pm EDT
- Peer 2 Peer CEO Virtual Edition - 3rd DayWed Apr 15 2020, 01:00pm EDT - 03:00pm EDT
- Peer 2 Peer CEO Virtual Edition - 4th DayWed Apr 22 2020, 01:00pm EDT - 03:00pm EDT
- Peer 2 Peer CEO Virtual Edition - 5th DayWed Apr 29 2020, 01:00pm EDT - 03:00pm EDT
The first-termer’s problems of adjustment are very real, but this article puts them in some perspective so the new missionary will not find himself tilting at windmills as Don Quixote did. In addition, the author’s experience helps him give sound practical advice about how to rise above first-term doldrums.
Faith mission boards’ traditional purpose of establishing autonomous churches may be self-defeating, says this author. He calls for new goals and methods in the light of national church development, so that the churches become the instruments of outreach.
Spontaneous obedience, a passion for Jesus himself, courage and perseverance were the hallmarks of the early Moravian missionaries. This author wonders how modern missionaries can emulate these pioneers who reached across the world long before Carey and Hudson Taylor.
Jehovah’s Witnesses are a fast-growing cult. Shall we avoid them, slam the door in their faces, or what? This author says that with the right approach they can be reached for the Lord. His steps are applicable to missionaries in any part of the world.