Many missionaries are on the field today because they have wanted to get into the battle for men’s souls.
- Church and Agency Partnerships: Ingredients for Meaningful and Effective MinistryWed Aug 4 2021, 01:00pm EDT
- Pipeline Consultation on Candidate AssessmentThu Aug 5 2021, 02:00pm EDT
- Webinar: Member Care: Coming Attractions: Sunshine and StormThu Aug 12 2021, 12:00pm EDT
- Mobilizing the Next GenerationThu Aug 12 2021, 01:00pm EDT
- Webinar: Women in the Mission of the ChurchThu Aug 26 2021, 02:00pm EDT
The first-termer’s problems of adjustment are very real, but this article puts them in some perspective so the new missionary will not find himself tilting at windmills as Don Quixote did. In addition, the author’s experience helps him give sound practical advice about how to rise above first-term doldrums.
Faith mission boards’ traditional purpose of establishing autonomous churches may be self-defeating, says this author. He calls for new goals and methods in the light of national church development, so that the churches become the instruments of outreach.
Spontaneous obedience, a passion for Jesus himself, courage and perseverance were the hallmarks of the early Moravian missionaries. This author wonders how modern missionaries can emulate these pioneers who reached across the world long before Carey and Hudson Taylor.
Jehovah’s Witnesses are a fast-growing cult. Shall we avoid them, slam the door in their faces, or what? This author says that with the right approach they can be reached for the Lord. His steps are applicable to missionaries in any part of the world.